Yamaha becomes a joke. The concentration of stupidity is incredible.
This is that I think Yamaha needs:
1. Get back to conventional 4 cylinder design and find the company which can build proper 4cylinder engine for them.
2. Make sure the engine manufacturer is actually mapping the ECU correctly and optimally. Fueling, ycc-t and ignition on 2007 to 2012 R1 is a fricking shit joke (looking at it via flash-tune).
3. Fix the suspension - linear springs please! Stop the progressive madness.
4. ABS please!
5. Finally remove the under tail exhausts! This is just stupid design for "Kids". It does not make sense in any engineering sense.
6. Get rid of all current designers and current marketing idiots you have. Hire some bright engineers and riders. Let them build a great motorcycle.
7. What we (customers) want:
4 cylinder normal plane engine. No stupid experiments or marketing tricks.
200+ HP on the crank, 185+ HP at the rear wheel for both US and EU models.
20L fuel tank.
Linear springs. Quality suspension.
Normal single low mounted exhaust.
Quality light wheel rims.
195KG wet maximum.
1. We dont know how it will act, so until then, we cant say anything
2. Mapping has been an issue for a while, they should had it fixed by now, i agree
3. They sell it as a street bike, if youre racing, youre going to replace it anyway at some point
4. Really? Learn how to ride, no need for ABS
5. Thats personal. I personally love the undertail exhaust
6. If you ask me, Yamaha has been the best motorcycle to buy right out of the crate, but again thats personal.
7. Ok, this is a series of stupidity, but let me try:
Weve been through the 4cyl thing
200hp is not necessary, remember, the tires are only so big, bike already runs high 9s in the 1/4 mile stock the way it is, you dont need more power, like i said, learn how to use the power you have
I dont use the sport bike for long trips, so as long as i can finish a race with the tank I'm good
Weve been through the exhaust and suspension already
Ok the last 3 is going to be a package answer.
Quality wheels, less weight, and max of $14k. You want a blowjob with it too?
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App