Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

American Chopper : OCC Turbo R1

7K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  da rza 
#1 · (Edited)
Any one see the episode last night and see the Franken Bike they are putting together? V-Twin Turbo Sport bike, Ohlins Forks and Rear Brembo brakes and BST Wheels, Finished off w a set of 04-06 Race fairings on a Chopped up chopper Frame. Can't find pix yet but will keep it posted here. Estimated 180-190 HP.
:corn

#2 ·
I definitely saw that. Couldn't believe they finally broke the realm of building a "sport bike".

Senior was so lost on the whole build... :shake

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
That's probably the most intrigued I've ever been on one of their episodes. And that's saying a lot, they build some sick bikes.

#5 ·
I seen it, it will probably be extremely un balanced and totaly a bitch to ride, too much weight in the wrong places...I mean they could use alum or something lighter to build fairing brackets but instead they are using steal round bar.:shake It will probably be neat to look at and they are deff hanging cool kit on it, but IMO its a huge waste of nice parts.

#7 ·
I seen it, it will probably be extremely un balanced and totaly a bitch to ride, too much weight in the wrong places...I mean they could use alum or something lighter to build fairing brackets but instead they are using steel round bar.:shake It will probably be neat to look at and they are deff hanging cool kit on it, but IMO its a huge waste of nice parts.
I agree. Alllll the metal is steel. I mean come on, put some tig on that rig. :dunno

#6 ·
Yea seems like they are setting that whole tail section up for failure. Mocking it up all level n stuff not pitched up like a real sportbike, will totally thrown off weight when trying to dip into turns. I personally think PJD would have been a better choice for that build.

#10 ·
I was actually at OCC this past Sat. They had it up on their stage in the bar area. It was pretty cool to look at...I don't think it'll be cool to ride though... The turbo and intake are pretty cool....But the Ohlins forks, shock and BST are my favorites! Check out the custom linkage for the rear shock...definitely different. I have some pics on my phone..I'll try to get them up in the next couple of days...

#13 ·
If you guys wanna pm me your #'s or emails, I'll shoot them to ya. I'm blocked at work and wont be able to get on my home computer for a few days....Then you can post'em! lol

#17 ·
J-Dizzle has a copy of the pics....

I do have to say...these bikes are 100x's more impressive in real life. the detail work and especially the paint are crazy....just not too sure on how rideable they are....

#19 ·
I had to comment on this because it was so funny to see. I was at a bike night in Freehold NJ a few years ago and they get about 4,500 bikes that take over the downtown area during the event. A dude is riding down the main drag and his tag plate falls off the bike. Me and my buddy found it pretty funny even though we felt bad for the guy. We had a feeling it was an OCC bike and of course it was. The dude said he's had so many problems with sh!t falling off the bike it crazy. He actually got off the bike and kicked the tag holder down the street he was so pissed off. He's not the only person I spoke with that had an OCC bike and had many problems.:bash

#25 ·
I've also always watched the show. Sometimes I wonder why? They both do some pretty cool bikes at times. Not sure about Sr doing the sport bike project though. I think Jr would have done better maybe, he seems to have more of a style for things and better creativity.

Nothing good will come from those two trying to work and do business together! Too much bad blood and history that will never be forgiving or forgotten.

#26 ·
its all put on bullshit for tv!..do you really think jr is that much of a piece of shit to dis his dad like that ...and after everything he has done for that weazel!...he owes everything to his dad for making him a millionaire...which i still cant figure out how they did it with the trainwrecks they build!...gotta love america!:riding

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.