Another New Member - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Another New Member

Hello everyone. Just picked up a 2006 R1 this past Friday. It's got 13,500 on the clock and it's completely stock (minus some rear spools). I've been lurking around the forum for a while now looking for a bike and was able to find this one from the original owner, so I'm pretty happy. Nothing too crazy in mind for it right now, just need to get rid of the stock license plate garbage out back and probably pick up a taller windscreen. I do have one question though... What can I do to be more comfortable on a long ride short of cutting a hole in the gas tank for my boys? This thing is a ball crusher!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 03:48 PM
ROWDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by msedly View Post
Hello everyone. Just picked up a 2006 R1 this past Friday. It's got 13,500 on the clock and it's completely stock (minus some rear spools). I've been lurking around the forum for a while now looking for a bike and was able to find this one from the original owner, so I'm pretty happy. Nothing too crazy in mind for it right now, just need to get rid of the stock license plate garbage out back and probably pick up a taller windscreen. I do have one question though... What can I do to be more comfortable on a long ride short of cutting a hole in the gas tank for my boys? This thing is a ball crusher!
Gear up as much as you can, Adj your pegs to get your legs in the right position scoot back on the seat clamp the tank with your knees, hold with your back not your arms. did I miss anything? Are you tall? I ask because I am and I have a nut crusher once in a while.

ROWDY
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

I'm 6'0" and about 175 lbs. I feel like I fit the bike pretty well, but yeah I took a pretty good crusher while riding today. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Not crushing my nuts but riding without doing it.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 03:55 PM
ROWDY

Quote:
I'm 6'0" and about 175 lbs. I feel like I fit the bike pretty well, but yeah I took a pretty good crusher while riding today. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Not crushing my nuts but riding without doing it.
Clean the seat with soap and water! Somebody may have put armorall on the damn thing! A Big NO NO !

ROWDY
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 03:57 PM
*Insert Witty Phrase Here*

Welcome to the show! As Stonewall said, gear up. It WILL save your skin because you WILL go down.

Now lets see some pics of the beast you bought!

SAVE A HORSE, RIDE A CROSSPLANE

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON JOIN HERE

My 09 R1 Build

My Crossplane-Powered ’37 Legends Car Build

Last edited by Flexxx; 11-04-2012 at 04:02 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:00 PM
I've fallen and I can't get up

Quote:
get castrated

Welcome to the forum!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Sir Douglas

Send a message via AIM to DouglasyzfR1
Get a good set of adjustable rear sets. Good grips and bar ends may help out a bit as well.

Welcome aboard, be safe out there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode