Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Suzuki files for bankruptcy

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  bacchus40 
#1 ·
#9 ·
This just in… American Suzuki Motor Corps files for bankruptcy
Posted on November 6, 2012 by Allan

On Monday, American Suzuki Motor Corps filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. This restructuring will focus on the company’s estimated debts and liabilities ranging from $100 million to $500 million and a list of 1000 to 5000 creditors.

Once through the restructuring, American Suzuki Corps will stop selling automobiles in the US and solely focus on motorcycles, ATV’s and marine outboard engines.

How this really effects their motorcycle based sales, service and efforts remains to be seen. By focusing on their power sports endeavors, the industry may see a resurgence of the popular brand with newer designed models.

:shake

#12 ·
Once a company stops making a product for the purist and the enthusiast, they always seem to go downhill from there.

Look at Toyota, after 1998 they started their slow down until recently, where they released the LFA and finally the FRS/GT86, I bet you they will do brilliantly in 2013.

#13 ·
I had about 4 Suzuki Sidekicks in my life. Great cars. Now, they just build cars next to other cars. For instance, My frontier is the same as a Suzuki Equator.

They actually make good cars. But they don't bring them into the U.S. We're not their primary market. Over seas, they make a killing, though..

#16 ·
damnit.. good point.. :drunk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.