Bike modís gone wrong !? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor
Bike modís gone wrong !?

Every now and then it seems like you get something in, put it on your bike and you donít like.

You put something on that you did not like how it looked or fit. Added something that did not give you the performance increase that you wanted or worse, you get in over your head. eg: ( Engine Rebuild, Tearing down Forks...etc..)

What's your story ?

. - 704-799-2192
OHLINS_Premier_Dealer_Great_Prices, Tech_Support, Full_Staff_of_Sales Reps, Fast_Shipping, Large_Inventory and Excellent_Customer_service.
FACEBOOK And get Exclusive SMOKIN' Deals....
Celebrating our 16th year in business.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM
kickin' at the darkness
i bought CF heel guards, which i lusted over for a good while... lined them up
and all, ohh yeah... these are gonna look sweet!...

a week later decided i wanted adjustable rear-sets after all!!
{of course Gilles comes with CF heel guards though }

gytr ones still sit on my shelf... they do look great in the package though!!

as far as performance mods and such though... i dont waste my $$.. nor my time... once i decide on a mod.. its the right call... always find a way to make it work...

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,

Last edited by bacchus40; 11-13-2012 at 01:12 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Can't think of any new parts... For me it's the used parts that end up disappointing me.

Sig courtesy of my brotha from down unda PetrolSpice
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM
I recently picked up a GC fender kit because I had a fix-it ticket for improper plate location. Previously had a Graves fender kit that had the plate tucked away closer to the hugger and shock. I don't mind the GC bracket as it's very minimalist, but liked the Graves more as I think it cleaned up the tail and flowed better.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode