Friend Totaled My 2011 R1 - Page 5 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Gilmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
i would have just rented a storage space for a month and called it a day....that way no one even knows where it is even if they want to ride it

I was goin to post the exact same thing... Thats what I would have done..

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol

Pain is weakness leaving the body
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:53 PM
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFelon View Post
I was goin to post the exact same thing... Thats what I would have done..
Easier said than done. You'd think you could trust ya mates!.
post #83 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 11:19 PM
kickin' at the darkness

i dont trust anybody to even move my bike on a spot, never mind leaving it
in their garage... lol... maybe thats just me... but if they dont handle motorcycles
ever.. why would i trust them with mine!? it aint about how good a friend they are..

my baby, she gets the storage... period.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,
post #84 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 02:48 PM
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
i dont trust anybody to even move my bike on a spot, never mind leaving it
in their garage... lol... maybe thats just me... but if they dont handle motorcycles
ever.. why would i trust them with mine!? it aint about how good a friend they are..

my baby, she gets the storage... period.
That's sad dude. Most of my mates ride bikes, so I don't have a problem with them moving, swapping or sitting on any of my bikes.....old story, they break it, they buy it.........
post #85 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 03:46 PM
kickin' at the darkness

what's so sad about that.. i can take care of my own toys... thanks..

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,
post #86 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 04:08 PM
R1 pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
what's so sad about that.. i can take care of my own toys... thanks..
A lot less drama that way! That's the way I prefer it!
post #87 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 05:34 PM
ROWDY

Yeah the " You Break You Buy It" does not hold up for long when they are looking at a $ 13,500 pile of twisted junk! I don't know many that would fork over that kind of cash without a fight and court!

ROWDY
post #88 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Yeah the " You Break You Buy It" does not hold up for long when they are looking at a $ 13,500 pile of twisted junk! I don't know many that would fork over that kind of cash without a fight and court!
thats what i was thinking... to be honest.. i only know one friend i would actually trust with my bike but he's a rider himself.. you know what he'd say? get a storage locker!! hahahah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil154 View Post
A lot less drama that way! That's the way I prefer it!
yup... one little parking lot spill and you're looking at 800 bucks easy... no thanks.. an old buddy of mine
trusted his bro to move his bike back off the storage unit... 650 bucks later... he felt bad for even asking,
and in the end he just fixed it all himself... if you cant afford a bike, you probably dont have the kind of dough
it takes to maintain one in the 1st place..

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

Last edited by bacchus40; 11-30-2012 at 08:03 PM.
post #89 of 122 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 PM
R1 throttle cracker

Find out if he has life ins kill him and sue the benificaray lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #90 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Take it easy

I can't believe that he hasn't just come forward and said, sorry mate but I stuffed up and here is $10,000.
post #91 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Tin Foil Hat

Every time I come back to this thread I feel my blood pressure rise. I'd seriously be calling, and bugging the hell out of him for the money he owes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
post #92 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 AM
you Lose!

I would have let it stay at my friends house too....why not its your boy and you are supposed to trust him. I would deff take him to court. You wreck it = you bought it. He is not a friend if he is ignoring you and will not pay for the bike

sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

Ride it like you Stole it
post #93 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 02:52 PM
I eat my R1

you know he was out in the garage starring at that black beauty everynight!...then the douchebag goes and ruins it!..track bike now!

2007 r1 charcoal/blk
post #94 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Ooooweee

wow. yea you honestly never know who your friends are. This kid I have known forever dropped his dirtbike onto my FJ fender and i could have gotten it repaired somewhere for 500 but did paintless and dealt with a little scratch to try and save HIM money and I still never got anything. I told him next time I see him i'm taking whatever he has on him... people suck. I am trusted with others bikes on a regular basis... my buddy even let me pick his 09 R6 from the dealership and told me to ride it around and check it out. I just have morals and people know it so they know that A, im not going to **** it up or B, if i do i pay for it.
post #95 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Ooooweee

Quote:
Originally Posted by da rza View Post
you know he was out in the garage starring at that black beauty everynight!...then the douchebag goes and ruins it!..track bike now!
Insta-douche. My friends would probably have rode it too but they are all pussies and wouldnt have gone fast anyways haha.
post #96 of 122 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Love to ride like your b1tch

Post Sorry its taken me sometime

Sorry for taking so long guys.

Thanks for all the support .

Today that im writing this I have yet to see a dime from this FCUKING monkey. I have a few choices that im left with. 1, I can go into the Police station and press criminal charges on the kid (don't really want to go that route tho, I have morals.) 2, I cant take him to small claims court (SUE him) I feel like this is never ending with this guy., he just keeps saying I have no cash, Im not working - bla bla bla.

The reason I don't want to go to the copshop is because he'll probably get jail - license suspension and all. Before you judge and say you should, hear me out.... I wish no jail to anyone and I carry strong morals I would never wish jail time on someone i know regardless of the situation.

This is just not me.... Still I would like my cash, funny thing is, that even tho I threatened him with pressing charged all he said for himself is that still wouldnt change the outcome as I have no cash now and wont have cash then.

He did try to feed me some shitttttttt about how when he has cash Ill be the first he calls, bla bla bla...

Black 2011 BMW S1000RR

Black 2011 R1 Crashed! *Not by me*
Black 2010 BMW S1000RR Sold.
Blue 2009 R1 Sold,
Black 2008 R1 Sold,
Black 2006 R1 Sold,
White 2006 R1 Sold,
Red 2004 R6 Sold,

post #97 of 122 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 01:13 AM
R1 throttle cracker

It doesn't take to much to add up 11k in medical bills beat the shit out of him break a couple of his bones and call it even

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #98 of 122 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Fast Bikes fan #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissdaring View Post
Sorry for taking so long guys.

Thanks for all the support .

Today that im writing this I have yet to see a dime from this FCUKING monkey. I have a few choices that im left with. 1, I can go into the Police station and press criminal charges on the kid (don't really want to go that route tho, I have morals.) 2, I cant take him to small claims court (SUE him) I feel like this is never ending with this guy., he just keeps saying I have no cash, Im not working - bla bla bla.

The reason I don't want to go to the copshop is because he'll probably get jail - license suspension and all. Before you judge and say you should, hear me out.... I wish no jail to anyone and I carry strong morals I would never wish jail time on someone i know regardless of the situation.

This is just not me.... Still I would like my cash, funny thing is, that even tho I threatened him with pressing charged all he said for himself is that still wouldnt change the outcome as I have no cash now and wont have cash then.

He did try to feed me some shitttttttt about how when he has cash Ill be the first he calls, bla bla bla...

Sounds like now would be the perfect time to put his ass in bro.. jail just do it. Go down to the police station and do what needs to be done
post #99 of 122 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Love to ride like your b1tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidyanazo View Post
Sounds like now would be the perfect time to put his ass in bro.. jail just do it. Go down to the police station and do what needs to be done
What will it solve bro>? It wont change the fact that he has no cash and this out only make things worst on getting cash,.... As much as i dont want to do it, I thought about it.

Black 2011 BMW S1000RR

Black 2011 R1 Crashed! *Not by me*
Black 2010 BMW S1000RR Sold.
Blue 2009 R1 Sold,
Black 2008 R1 Sold,
Black 2006 R1 Sold,
White 2006 R1 Sold,
Red 2004 R6 Sold,

post #100 of 122 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 04:14 AM
Moving sucks...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidyanazo View Post
Quote:
What will it solve bro>? It wont change the fact that he has no cash and this out only make things worst on getting cash,.... As much as i dont want to do it, I thought about it.
For one, pressing charges or suing him closes the feedback loop for him that, when you fvck someone over, there are serious consequences. Sounds like the loop is open right now. He's done wrong and will have paid nothing in consequences for that action. Close the loop and he just might not repeat this again with someone else's property.

Secondly, there's nothing immoral about pressing charges or suing him. What he's done to you is immoral. Pressing charges against someone that hasn't done anything to you is immoral. Going after him through the legal system is the right thing to do, you've given him more than ample opportunity to rectify the situation.

It doesn't sound like you're going to get any compensation from this guy unless you take some action. You have two options at this point. File a complaint with the local PD and then sue him for compensation, or walk away and forget about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode