Akrapovic exhaust spares - where to - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Akrapovic exhaust spares - where to

ok so i had an indiscretion at the hayshed at Phillip island and now need to fix/replace the right hand side canister.

does anyone know who stocks spare parts? i have emailed riders discount and few other places and they are trying to chase it down but i was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

i need a carbon end cap, ti sleeve, link pipe and the carbon hanger plus all the rivets and straps. alternatively i would be happy to just buy the complete canister.

any help would be great. its for an 07/08 r1 and its an evo 2 full ti system.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 04:49 PM
R1 pilot

eBay has some
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm the happy go lucky mod!

Garage
Never used them before... but check this out.

https://store.58cycle.com/category_s/163.htm

sig pic courtesy of THE GODFATHER!

Greenstreak quote from Baber... "Woah... I have a log in my ass!"

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
TEAM: SO SCARED NO LEAN

Godspeed to my fallen brothers - elviswarrior, Gawarrior, Vman1300
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

^^ yeah i have emailed them and it does seem they can get the spare parts. only problem is that they want either a bank wire trasfer or western union money order.. which makes me feel slightly uneasy..

they wont take a credit card from outside of the US or paypal it seems. has anyone deal with them? are they reliable?

worst case i suppose i might just use my mates US credit card to cover myself bit better.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Redistribution Supplier

Will they take a bank wire transfer through PayPal ?

That's what I had to do when I bought stuff from Japan..I don't have a credit card and my bank wouldn't let me charge something online out of country.

Let me know how it works with 58cycle,I have been contemplating buying an exhaust through them..they have great prices on a lot of stuff.

If you understood the dangers of todays modern malls,you would not mock the brave men and women that secure them for our freedom and safety.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 PM
I eat my R1

I've heard several bad things about 58cycle on a number of forums (never dealt with them myself) but if they're the only option it is what it is. Generally involved lousy customer service, slow shipping, and almost impossible to return parts.

1999 Suzuki TL1000R - TiForce full exhaust, PCIIIusb, BMC filter, goodridge SS brake lines, CF front fender.
2001 Yamaha R1 CE - Mix and match Yosh header/mid with Muzzy can
1997 Suzuki TL1000S - Full Yosh, K&N filter
2008 Raven R1 - LSL sliders, LP Aero flushies, Graves fender eliminator. SOLD
R1-016 'Venom' Squadron #61
Sig courtesy of Petrol
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I eat my R1

Shoot a pm to Brad "lexusrx" at Superbike Supply. He's a vendor and sells Akrapovic. He got me some replacement carbon sleeves and end caps for my EVO2 system. Akrapovic US won't sell directly to the public and you must go through an authorized dealer. Be prepared to pay though. End caps were about $100 each and a sleeve was around $300. I got one of the last sleeves left and was told in the future you will not be able to purchase just the carbon sleeve and would have to buy the entire assembly from the y pipe on as a single unit. I can only imagine what that will cost. You should just get SSPilot's full EVO 2 system and save some money...

FS: 09-12 R1 Akrapovic TI EVO Kit Exhaust System - $1775 Shipped

edited to add I just saw yours is an '07-'08 system so scratch SSPilot's system.

Sig courtesy of Petrol Spice
RIP SPC Daniel Drevnick, SPC James Wertish, SPC Carlos Wilcox 34th MP CO, 34th ID KIA 16JUL09
RIP Pierre "DieYoung69" You will be missed 9JUN77 to 4NOV10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Radley View Post
The full factory backed superbike r1's don't make 200bhp so its not happening here. 180 is pretty good, 185+ is exceptional. All this talk of 200+ is just horseshit

Last edited by burn-z; 11-28-2012 at 06:56 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 PM
99 R1

Send a message via AIM to Death R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevap View Post
Never used them before... but check this out.

https://store.58cycle.com/category_s/163.htm
I have used them to rebuild / resleeve a CF muffler I purchased off of ebay for my 99R1.

It worked fine and shipping was fast. I ordered through their shop cart.

Tuned by Bugaj

"In pursuit of more speed with the same power"

my "back from the dead" thread:
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/107-r1-forum-bike-month/263176-my-99-r1-back-dead.html

99 R1 parts for sale :
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/151-bike-parts-sale/307491-fs-98-99-r1-aftermarket-parts.html
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 PM
MummyMan

We can get you akra replacement parts. They can take a while at times if they are not in stock, but we do sell all the replacement parts that Akra makes
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 AM
"What"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
We can get you akra replacement parts. They can take a while at times if they are not in stock, but we do sell all the replacement parts that Akra makes
Don't you guys only post within the US though?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post
Shoot a pm to Brad "lexusrx" at Superbike Supply. He's a vendor and sells Akrapovic. He got me some replacement carbon sleeves and end caps for my EVO2 system. Akrapovic US won't sell directly to the public and you must go through an authorized dealer. Be prepared to pay though. End caps were about $100 each and a sleeve was around $300. I got one of the last sleeves left and was told in the future you will not be able to purchase just the carbon sleeve and would have to buy the entire assembly from the y pipe on as a single unit. I can only imagine what that will cost.
I got in touch with Bryan from Riders Discount and he chased up the parts for me and looking at the prices he quoted they're very fair!! so i am going to try them i think given the customer service. The first one to reply out of the bunch of places i emailed.

the link pipe is the killer though! $400! had a look at mine and since its just gently pitted by the gravel rash i might leave on the bike.

but the rest of the rebuild kit should see me fix my can for about $350 total including new end cap and hanger. but my is a ti can not carbon. we'll see how it goes!

if someone does know of a second hand full evo system out there for sale at a decent price let me know though! i am racing so chances are i will bend the cans at some point again

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
damn.. just saw that! didnt realise that you guys sold spares too!

any chance you can send me a PM with a quick quote for those parts? :-)

sleeve ti, end cap, link pipe and carbon hanger bracket? all for a right hand side can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode