Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

What went wrong??

3K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  Petrol_Spice 
#1 ·
This video was on another forum I'm on and the poster asked "What did I do wrong?"

Apparently "you fu*ked up" wasn't the answer he was looking for.

I told him he needs to lean his bike over more... and slow down until he learns to ride...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUp8hIT_G10

#2 ·
All over the road like a mad womans breakfast. And overtaking 10 bikes and cars in one high speed hit. What a dickhead!

#26 ·
Fun to hear him moaning like a little bitch :lol I love the description "This is how I ride. Fast. Been doing it for a long time and never crashed. This was my first crash ever. Please don't give me shit."

That guy rode like a jackass and couldn't even keep it in his lane. Gotta love the comments about 20 mph being misleading for motorcycles right before he bins in :shake

#9 ·
I didn't get much further than the crash. The rest of the video to me was like hugging after you cum. AWKWARD!

what a ****nuckle.
Hey look, I can go fast in a straight line!.
That's all bikes are for right, straight lines? I bet he'll be one of those "bikes are dangerous" crew members now.

#19 ·
Evil anti-wheelie machine. That's what we'll be riding around QLD raceway, in hell! :hammer:

#29 ·
Surprised to see him wearing gear.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#30 ·
Can't help but think about peter on family guy when listening towards the end of that vid.

#35 ·
Oh ffs! Another one.

Rubbish forward planning coupled with little experience or experimentation with bike control. The error is small, but completely retrievable, were it not compounded by fear/freezing under pressure. Spending so much time doing nothing useful means he crashed when there was no reason to.

This is nothing new... loads of people do it. Off on a 4 day group ride soon - something I normally avoid like the plague. This is invite only as last time 30% of the riders fell off... mind that means there's not so many to invite back! No wonder there is so much poor and cumbersome legislation when half of us can't string a set of dry well surfaced bends together.

There plenty of room to bring the bike to a halt from the oh-so fast 85 in the available room. Since the bike would likely be capable of 30 - 50 for the corner its a matter of a second or two on the brakes. If he's hopeless this could be done straight into the corner, or displaying a little less hopelessness trial brake into the corner a little.

I fecking hate bikers sometimes :p

Should the rider read this; practice using the brakes (both of them) to stop as hard as possible under control, sort out the cornering inputs, then join the two together. Oh and next time.... use the pick up to drag the remains out the ditch, its easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.