Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Why so much hate on the r1

4K views 41 replies 22 participants last post by  ko66 
#1 ·
I recently moved from the A to
Miami and it seems that everyone here thinks all years of r1's are slow. But last night at a very nice straight away road we watched this 2010 r1 beast every single bike but a 2012 zx14. I just don't get it, anyway just thought I would share the story.
Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#13 ·
op.. you said it all in your own post... last night, on this really long straight... :confused: :lol :riding :shake

#7 ·
In FL it's mostly about straight line speed. The R1, CBR, GSXR, ZX are not made for that. They are made to be fast in the straight, but also fast in the corners. Straight line speed is only one little area of what these bikes are designed for. If straight line speed is your thing then yup, the R1 isn't the best choice.

#9 ·
Those types of riders don't know anything about anything. They are freeway riders and think they know everything. Literbikes are designed to corner, not just ride in a straight line. The crossplane was designed to get better grip out of the corners than a traditional inline. If you aren't cornering on it then you aren't riding it the way it was designed to be ridden. Those folks need a Busa or ZX14, and everything else is a piece of shit.

#11 ·
meh...I wouldn't worry about who thinks what is fast. IMO most people don't know what fast is. You can make anything go fast in a straight line. Take the FL guys to the race track where they have to turn, and they will quickly discover what "fast" is.

In my experience the guys who think they are fast on the street have a very rude awakening when they get onto a circuit track.

#14 ·
I love curves that's all I n Atlanta but down here like everybody said its all about goin straight. When we said let's take it tobthr track they bitched up and said curves is for pussys, I just laughed

#16 ·
curves are for pussies?? straight line top speed requires 0 skill :fact

In reality, if I had a throttle stop and went WOT in 6th I could literally fall off and the bike would keep going as long as the road was smooth and perfectly straight :fact Doesn't even require a rider

#21 ·
09+ is a carving machine... no need for one down there...

#22 ·
True. The South Florida bike scene is nothing but Busa's and ZX14's. A bunch of shit talking ass clowns. All they know is how to go fast in a long straight line. What do they use for gear? Nothing... In fact, one long stretch of Hwy 27 West of Miami is known as Busa Lane where the squids play on Sunday mornings.

#31 ·
I agree with everybody here I got "curve sickness" its sucks looking down the street and seeing miles and miles of road. But I gotta adjust but I still will b on my *cough cough* slow ass r1 lol

#33 · (Edited)
I could give two sh!ts what anyone else thinks. I've been riding since 1974 and had my 1st sport bike in 1986 (Ninja 600). The 86 Ninja was after building KZ-1000's and many other fast bikes. Also had many other sportbikes of all models. They're all sweet in different ways. My R1 will keep me satisfied in all areas for the rest of my life. Besides the performance, the looks are so beautiful I could never sell it. If anything I'll get another bike.

Edit: Plus I've pissed on plenty of other bike including a BUSA in all types of riding, twisties, 1/4, 100 MPH roll on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.