Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Chicken Strips???

4K views 52 replies 35 participants last post by  Nanotech9 
#1 ·
Ok, Ok...I give up...what are chicken strips on the back tire. I asked a lot of people who ride and they were clueless (and yes, they do have experience).

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
meaning if u cant lean it over to the edge, youre a chicken. The front is a different story, its rare to see people on the street with no front chicken strips, i have actually never seen it.

#7 ·
goodriddance said:
you rarely see anyone with a 190 using there whole tire also.
That could be the reason a lot of R1 riders are going with the
180 on the rear. Better turn in and exit with a smaller contact
patch. Or, we all could just buy a R6.

#11 ·
The contact patch at full lean is greater on a 180 than on a 190.

#13 ·
Its actually the 55 that creates the larger contact patch. This will explain it better.

Attachments

#14 ·
Looneybomber said:
meaning if u cant lean it over to the edge, youre a chicken. The front is a different story, its rare to see people on the street with no front chicken strips, i have actually never seen it.
Heh...I saw my first last week. A fellow R1 rider here in MA also has an old Honda Hawk. I was commenting on his lack of chicken strips in the rear, and he said (with a grin), "take a look at the front." :eek: Both tires were completely without chicken strips!

#23 ·
When I took my '02 in for 600 mile service, there was a new mechanic working on my bike. He called the service manager over and said, "Holy $hit! WTF is this guy doing with this thing?"

Service manager just smiled and said "It must be trackday season..."

#24 ·
RLMEsq said:
When I took my '02 in for 600 mile service, there was a new mechanic working on my bike. He called the service manager over and said, "Holy $hit! WTF is this guy doing with this thing?"

Service manager just smiled and said "It must be trackday season..."
:lol :lol :lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.