Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

If Yamaha never existed...

5K views 65 replies 36 participants last post by  SPanega SS 
#1 ·
If Yamaha never existed.... What motorcycle would you be riding right now? This could also mean "What is your other/favorite non :fork bike?"

I would probably own a S1000RR :dunno

#7 ·
If Yamaha never existed.... What motorcycle would you be riding right now? This could also mean "What is your other/favorite non :fork bike?"
i have no idea what youre talking about, i cant hear you.!! i cant hear you! :hammer: :lol

i've only ever owned Yamaha's :eek5: :icon_evil: >:)

#10 ·
Rsv4

#29 ·
this is true, i like their bikes... every once in a while a 1kRR comes up n' i seriously consider it., they're very smooth indeed; great engineering fer sure :nerd:

#58 ·
:thumbup Before my last 4 Yamaha's I'd mostly been a Kawi guy so I'd probably go back to team green for a super sport. I also plan on getting a Harley with bags so me and my girl can do long trips. She has her own Shadow V-Twin 600 I brought for her a few years ago that we go two up on but it's a bit to small for two up. I've had some large V-Twins but never a Harley so I want to get one even if it's not the best option to chose from.

#19 · (Edited)
Not real sure since i barely notice other brands. (100% serious)
I like the looks of the rsv4 but from knowing others with aprilias i dont think i want one because of all the problems they seem to always have.

Ive grown tired of the inline 4 sound and why i so badly wanted the R1. so it would have to be a ducati or aprilia.

The ktm rc8 is not in production any longer fyi.

#23 · (Edited)
JEALOUS... But I'd rather have the base RR bc I wouldn't be so afraid of replacing parts like carbon when I eat shit lol

I would like to borrow cruise control and heated grip from the BMW though! My buddy's 15 RR sounds so good stock. Everything I've read says it is bc their cat setup is very unrestrictive. Stock for stock he walked me but I didn't buy a bike for drag racing. Love my :fork

#24 ·
I do miss my '08 CBR1000RR. Prodigious power. Very smooth.
Never used a drop of oil in over 15k miles. True story.

Loved my '12 Triumph Daytona 675R until a deer took me out while riding it.
I wouldn't kick a S1000RR outta bed.

Reactions: thesoapster
#34 ·
Desmosedici RR.

No wait, I want one of those regardless.

Most likely another Ducati Superbike. My R1 is one of those bikes I've always wanted to own. There are others though.

My Non-Yamaha List:
- DesmosediciRR
- Honda NR 750
- 996R
- RC30
- 900SS Superlight
- 750 Sport (Bevel Head)
- ZXR750R
- 2005 ZX10R
- T120 Bonneville
- Daytona 675 (Thankfully my wife has one)
- T595 Speed Tripple

If I were to include Yamahas then there's WR's in there, and an RZ350, R1-SP and the new R1-M

#35 ·
Funny you should ask, just picked her up 3 days ago. Have always been intrigued by the s1000rr, took one on a test ride last Friday and picked it up Tuesday. 2013 with 1880 miles and some nice bits on her already. One of the mechanics at the bmw dealer traded it in on a s1000r. Excuse the garage, just bought the house 2 1/2 weeks ago and am in the process of shuttling everything to its final resting place.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.