Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

The over priced honda rc213v-s is out

2K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  goofy996 
#1 ·
#10 ·
:fact Not to mention how much it will cost if you do crash or need parts for it.

#23 ·
Different strokes for different folks. To the buyer that obtains this motorcycle, they could probably care less if they were told they could make 4-5 comparable cheaper motorcycles for the price. Some will view it as being worth it and others will say it's a waste of money...nothing new there.

#25 ·
The bike probably handles amazingly in the right hands, but there's apparently no solving the power deficit issue in the USA. I'm reading everywhere that Honda will not sell the powerup kit to USA customers. Not sure if they're going to prevent that via some kind of registration process or what, but there you have it.

I also don't know about the weight people listed earlier in this thread, but Honda is claiming 380 lb. dry/418 lb. wet. Vs. 439 lb. curb weight for the '15 R1 bone stock, so not exactly an impossible gap to bridge with the spare ~$160K in your pocket.

For US customers, we're talking about a 101 hp/66 ft.lb., 418 pound motorcycle that makes peak horsepower and torque at a pathetic 8000 rpm. The question isn't how many comparable R1s you could build with $185K, but rather how many comparable 600 class supersports you could build with $185K. Hell, detune an 899 Panigale considerably, and you'll exactly have this Honda, from a performance standpoint (pretty much identical weight, 90 degree V, power peak lower in the rev range compared to an I4, etc.).

Outside of Europe, this is strictly a showpiece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.