Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

New zx-10r launched

8K views 78 replies 40 participants last post by  Jason P. 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Go to their website. They sure dont seem to care about selling it. Very basic specs and no highlights about it. Like its just another bike thats been around a few years. You will have to find out everything about it via other resources. Just frigging awful.

Yamaha puts massive effort into their website.

#14 ·
Nice changes but I have always hated the neon light dash rev counter and the lime spew green. Blech!

I've had a:
1975 Z900 (1982)
1981 GPz1100 B1 (1983), only good as a bullet in a straight line.
1997 ZX7R (1998)
1996 VN1500 Vulcan (2003 - present...fixing up to sell). A big fat slug of a thing that is for the city only.

#21 ·
Update: Horespower

Kawasaki USA is very tight lipped about anything to do with power numbers. When the Ninja has the RAM air effect (aka at speed) made 207hp and 200hp without, but the European website has not updated the hp and torque figures, they're almost identical to the previous models, which means something isn't right? There's no way with all of these changes that the bike didn't make more power, but it's not totally worked out as to how much power the bike will make. Sandbagging?

#62 ·
More peak power is not necessarily an improvement. It's about how much is under the curve; the only way we can tell where the money's gone is by comparing the power curves. It's not hard to make a massive peak power hit at the expense of everything else. Beefing up the low & mid range without losing your existing peak output, now that's quite hard.

#65 · (Edited)
I personally think kawi put out a half assed attempt. Pure laziness to not update the look.
And wtf is up with the 1999 gsxr rims...
yeah really.. who the **** makes a new bike but leaves the look of it the same? it's the look, the bike is completely different. so they are starting all over. you must of missed the 3rd paragraph in the link...
but to keep the look the same, that's the lamest half assed thing I've ever seen. LAZY pure ****ing LAZY. I'm not saying it's not a decent looking or performing bike. because it's both. but it's clear they rushed this into production.

oh and not to mention, unlike yamaha, kawasaki had to have bosch make it's electronics. yamaha developed and made all of their own stuff except the abs unit. it's one thing to piece a bike together from aftermarket parts but to make all of your own electronics and styling...that takes a real dedicated team of engineers. what kawi has done is take the LAZY approach.

and I doubt with yamaha's return kawasaki was going to be winning all the time next year. hence why they had to do all the work they did to it.

What the f*** is this suppose to mean…

Edit: There's a lot of people I've spoken with personally who do not frequent the forum anymore because of people like you. Long term memeber's full of knowledge.

People like you are a virus not only to the R1-Forum but to our country.
OK Duchnozzle, if you would have read the the previous posts about Kawasaki being lazy on the rims, I just posted a funny pic. And really its people like you that are bringing this country down. I'm offended by a pic let me bitch. Get over it dude.

BTW I bolded, underlined and italicized where I got it from. Just in case you are to "lazy" to look and find it

#23 ·
Laziness? Half-assed attempt? Lol, Kawasaki has been working their asses off and it shows because they're dominating in WSBK. Suzuki & Honda need all new bikes, Kawasaki already has a winning formula so it was smart of them to continue to evolve it instead of scrapping it for something all new and having to start from scratch with development.

If Kawasaki is only put forth a "half-assed" attempt, they're making every other manufacturer looking REALLY bad right about now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.