Flexxx's 2015 R1 Build - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
*Insert Witty Phrase Here*

Garage
Talking Flexxx's 2015 R1 Build

I’ll keep this original post updated with the most recent progress of the build.

I also want to give a HUGE shoutout to:
@SBK Unlimited - Jason and Freddy have taken VERY good care of my parts requests and Freddy along with Anthony helped with this build tremendously with insight, as well as dyno tuning. They are my local shop and are A+++.
@MotoMillion - Mani is at the top for customer service. My first time working with him, and it was an incredible pleasure. Multiple orders and more to come.
@ridersdiscount - TJ is the man. Always treated me great and his assistance in this build is more than appreciated.
SportbikeTrackGear - Evan worked with me through email and made an order happen quickly when it was much needed.
LighTech Italy - They hooked me up with some awesome pieces and shipping was surprisingly fast coming from overseas.
ProBolt USA - David Cork coordinated my entire custom order and made certain I had what I needed. Flawless.
Saddlemen - Randall is a great fella to work with and it was a pleasure to team up with him for some quality and comfort added to the bike.
JL Designs - Ryan is quite the R1 guru and it shows through the products he is putting out. Ridiculous quality and technology, very highly recommended.

So I finally bit the bullet and sold one of my bikes ('11 R1) and picked up a deal on a Red '15 R1.

This is probably the most excited I've ever been on a "new" bike purchase, and I've had a decent amount of those. This '15 is essentially my dream bike, so, I'm going to do a pretty neat build on it.

Stay Tuned.

SAVE A HORSE, RIDE A CROSSPLANE

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Flexxx; 10-22-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 02:21 PM
Yeah so I blew myself up!!

Congrats bud...Subscribed
post #3 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 02:28 PM
My R1 go to warp drive

Love the matching look of the car and bike combo. Also, I have the single rail Kendo trailer, I freaking love that trailer.

PCV tuned, Bazzaz QS, Air box mod, BMC Filter, Block off plates, Flashed ECU, -1 Front Sprocket, SpeedoDRD, Spiegler Lines, EBC Extreme Pro pads, Braking SK Rotors, Q3's, Leo Vince Carbon Fiber slip-on W/ Y-Pipe, Black and Gold Euro conversion, 10,000k HID, Brembo MC and clutch perch, Smoke Puig Windscreen, Shogun Frame Sliders, Signal mirrors, Harris rearset, Techtronic auto blipper, EK 3D 520 chain conversion, Ohlins 30mm ctrg & TTX shock, Lightech chain adjuster, CF sbk hugger, TI bolts kit
post #4 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn7th View Post
Congrats bud...Subscribed
Thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotage View Post
Love the matching look of the car and bike combo. Also, I have the single rail Kendo trailer, I freaking love that trailer.
I love the Kendon. An awesome investment to say the least.

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON

post #5 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here is a quick rendering I threw together of what is to come...

Promtana and ozeeb like this.

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON

post #6 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 02:50 PM
Astronomer not Astrologer

......NCBike memorial day weekend??????.....Seriously.....One of these days we gotta turn some laps.....

Congrats on the new pickup....

Let me know if you need any help with flashing it....

2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Res. Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS F/R Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance&Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Galespeed VRC MC, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.

post #7 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 06:24 PM
Klaus Von Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexxx View Post
So I finally bit the bullet and sold one of my bikes ('11 R1) and picked up a deal on a Red '15 R1.
Stay Tuned.
Sorry for your loss, also happy for your pick-up.
Rendering looks good, have fun with the new build.

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
post #8 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 07:29 PM
(inset witty statement here)

Nice! It looks like the previous owner started you out on the right footing too.
post #9 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 08:12 PM
I eat my R1

Very nice, CONGRATS!!!!
post #10 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 06:15 AM
I eat my R1

I started reading your other "build" thread what happened to that?
post #11 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
......NCBike memorial day weekend??????.....Seriously.....One of these days we gotta turn some laps.....

Congrats on the new pickup....

Let me know if you need any help with flashing it....
I mayyy be able to make that. But that's a big maybe. Haha. I still have your number man, I'll touch base with you on me coming out there. I wouldn't mind at least coming to hangout if I can't get on the track.

I am running the ftecu and will end up getting it dyno'd at SBK Unlimited once all is said and done. I appreciate the offer. I have a buddy that I'll shoot your way, he'll be in need of a flash here soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgesch View Post
Sorry for your loss, also happy for your pick-up.
Rendering looks good, have fun with the new build.
It was a short-lived "loss" feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelJouster View Post
Nice! It looks like the previous owner started you out on the right footing too.
He definitely did. Already has some nice bits to start from. I'm stoked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyzfr6 View Post
Very nice, CONGRATS!!!!
Thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharandy View Post
I started reading your other "build" thread what happened to that?
Believe it or not, it's still active. It's not in my hands, as it is getting structural testing and welding/reinforcement. There has been a ridiculous stall on that end of things, to the point where I'm not even being charged for the work because of how long it's taking. Long story short, it's still happening, I'm still waiting, and I have to keep other builds going to take my mind off of that one.

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON

post #12 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 04:24 PM
Venom X/O

Looks like trash... Take the white out, all black and red.

Just kidding about the trash comment

Congrats man!

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squadron
post #13 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Looks like trash... Take the white out, all black and red.

Just kidding about the trash comment

Congrats man!
Hey der Christina.

Funny you mention taking the white out... I did a rendering that way as well, it's no bueno. Haha.

Hope all is well with you sir.

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON

post #14 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 05:20 PM
Love that Crossplane...

Sub'd! Looking forward to the progress and updates brother!

Thanks Petrol Spice

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell

2012 R1 WGP 50th Anniversary #1277 Build
post #15 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 06:46 PM
I'm an Englishman in WI.

Garage
Congrats Flexxx

Now just replace the red with yellow and you're set
cbseanrich and ozeeb like this.

post #16 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 06:57 PM
Quality Parts at Great Prices!

Ooooo! Congratulations!

R1-Forum Discount code R1FORUM
post #17 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 08:40 PM
Astronomer not Astrologer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexxx View Post
I mayyy be able to make that. But that's a big maybe. Haha. I still have your number man, I'll touch base with you on me coming out there. I wouldn't mind at least coming to hangout if I can't get on the track.

I am running the ftecu and will end up getting it dyno'd at SBK Unlimited once all is said and done. I appreciate the offer. I have a buddy that I'll shoot your way, he'll be in need of a flash here soon

....I am signed up for Saturday and Sunday. Let me know if you are planning on stopping by.

Also just to be clear, I am not flashing 15's, was offering help with the software and such. SBU will hook you up right

p.s. don't slow the bike down with any yellow paint....Ian is just a bit daft

2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Res. Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS F/R Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance&Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Galespeed VRC MC, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.

post #18 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorz View Post
Sub'd! Looking forward to the progress and updates brother!
Thank ya thank ya. Hopefully it turns out pretty trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgecko View Post
Congrats Flexxx

Now just replace the red with yellow and you're set
I'm trying to make it faster(red), not slow it down(yellow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMillion View Post
Ooooo! Congratulations!
Looking forward to throwing some MotoMillion parts on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
....I am signed up for Saturday and Sunday. Let me know if you are planning on stopping by.

Also just to be clear, I am not flashing 15's, was offering help with the software and such. SBU will hook you up right

p.s. don't slow the bike down with any yellow paint....Ian is just a bit daft
I'll let you know what I end up doing.

iiii gotcha on the flash.

No worries, I think we all know yellow is the slowest color.
Redgecko likes this.

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON

post #19 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 10:14 PM
My R1 will break the bank

Congrats on the pick up. I'm thinking about getting the gun metal grey 15
post #20 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sound clip of the Full Graves Exhaust:

LethalJin and Torn7th like this.

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON

Last edited by Flexxx; 05-23-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode