Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2015 r1 price advice

3K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  yamaharandy 
#1 ·
So I was talking to a dealership. Guy quoted me 15481 otd on a 2015.

Wont budge on the price. I offered 14500. The bike is new but a year old and has had the motor dropped out and split for recall.

14500 seems fair. But anyways no response on that price. Any other places getting folks out the door cheap on these?

Guidance please. I love this bike but I certainly don't want to pay too much.

#3 ·
What dealership? That's what i am talking about.

#5 ·
Good advice. I think i will hold out and wait on the 2017 to hit the showroom. I love the 2015 red color but the gearbox sounds like a no go to me even though the recall work has been done.

15481 is a ripoff.

#6 ·
And if you guys can post dealerships where you are getting these deals at please share.

#8 ·
What city you guys in so i can search? I know you probably cant name drop dealerships. Maybe private message me a couple please!

#9 ·
Best deals... Miller Motorsports in Lamont Furance, PA and Romney Cycles in Romney, WV. I had a deposit at both places and whoever had the r1 first got my money. Millers was the winner and 11 hours later I had my 15 R1.

#11 · (Edited)
yeah keep an eye on cycle trader. they have a phone app. I almost bought an R6 before the R1 because the dealer was selling it for $8499 otd. that was hard to pass up. until I seen the new R1. lol I didn't shop around enough but I didn't get too hammered on the R1. I gave $16400 OTD because I bought a bike there before. taxes in my county/state would of made them about $1100. and it kept me from driving 3.5 hrs each way to the next place close only offered it $200 less. so I'm happy enough with the price. and they threw in 3 gallons worth of standard yamalube. that's about $20 a gallon.

#12 ·
I checked within 250 miles of me. Dealers in Orlando didn't want to budge on 2015.

15481 was best price. I think too high for a 2015.

I am checking out Miller and Romney.

Might make a road trip.

The s model is 2k cheaper than what I saw around here. So I am sure the other model is priced better.

#15 ·
I just called. I will let you know what I come up with. Waiting on a call back.

#16 ·
Riva Motorsports in Pompano, FL
North Miami Motorsports in North Miami, FL
Broward Motorsports in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

These all have 2015's. And they seem pretty desperate to sell them. Just not sure how the negotiation over the phone would be. People here who have bought a bike over the phone might be able to chime in on that to make sure you get the best deal.

#17 ·
I called Riva. No 2015.

#18 ·
Millers is 14400 for 2016. But they take no tax.

6.75 would put me a grand more. Dealerships in Florida only take 4.

If I aligned the situations I'd be at 14976 at millers vs 15900 in Kissimmee if I included 4 percent tax.

A grand more in Florida. But it's 11 hr drive each way to pa from kingsland ga. 3 hrs to Kissimmee.

I am checking Jacksonville. They have a red 15 they probably want too much for.

The north Miami dealership quoted me 17100 out the door. Lol

#20 ·
Yeah. I have to pay 6.75 percent total ad valorem in Georgia.

On 14400 it's a little under 1k.

So that bike with tax is 15372. It's still a great deal. It's just an 11 hr each way hike to go get it.

250 in fuel expenses.

I'd save roughly 800 bucks vs buying it in Florida. A 16 would be 15900 otd with an additional 2.75 percent tax at dmv. Florida takes 4 percent at sale.

80 bucks in gas to Kissimmee.

Hmmmm. Damn that's a haul. But I would save a bit.

Jacksonville dealership was insane money out the door on a 15. Almost 17k.

I told them flat out they were overpriced.

#21 ·
Their out of their mind if they think there gonna get that for a 2015 that was disassembled when we are almost in 2017 only a complete idiot impulse buyer that know nothing would pay that your much your better than me I wouldn't have even tried to negotiate Right hook to the chin is all they would have got for that quote

#23 ·
The 15 was almost 17k out the door in Jax. I didn't even want to negotiate that. Ridiculous.

Tax here is 7 percent now I just learned. About 1k for titling.

#30 ·
My '15 was 16,800 OTD here in Gainsville, TX but thats what being ignorant of the value gets ya. Wish i would've looked in the forums a bit more before i committed to buying one. Lesson learned, hopefully,:grin2:

#26 ·
Check out Honda East Toledo, they have a website. Located in Ohio. The have a 2016 R1 on there now for like $13,999. I was going to grab it from them and then have it shipped here to OR, but I got a local dealer to offer a great deal.
Actually 2, a blue/silver and a gray. I bought my 2005 for $9999 from Tad Summers, good guy... no bs fees either.

All Inventory | Honda East Toledo

#27 ·
Looks like millers is hard to beat.

I am still sitting on it because of the drive. No one in Florida can touch it. I might wait a bit and save some more down payment cash. 5k down would rock.

#29 ·
wow ohio is further. Did not know. 12 hour ride. 953 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.