Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

What does everyone think of the new R6 emulating the R1 styling?

6K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  RichRaven05 
#1 ·
I think it looks pretty damn good, honestly I like what they did with the front more than the R1, they hid the headlights better, everything else looks pretty solid.

See less See more
#4 ·
I think it looks pretty d@*n good, honestly I like what they did with the front more than the R1, they hid the headlights better, everything else looks pretty solid.

Agreed! I honestly am not a big fan of the latest R1 styling. It looks like the R6 took what I didn't like, and fixed it. I do wish for two more minor changes:
1) Find a way to get the headlights up into the fairing where the running lights are.
2) Get back to the dual low/highbeams

#24 · (Edited)
Same here, why couldn't they have the same type of bellypan on the R1:dunno. It looks very unfinished without one.

Its cute

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
:LolLolLolLol: How can a badass 600 with aggressive styling look cute.

I prefer the previous years' aggressive look
I like the look of the previous years also but I certainly don't think the 2017 R6 bike doesn't have an aggressive look to it.

The new R6 styling looks really good. I want it and I'm not even in the market for a new bike. I feel sorry for all of the fat ass girls though. Back in the days, supersports and superbikes rear seats were wide enough to accommodate the biggest ass imaginable with the only limitation being how much the suspension can handle. With these new rear seats getting smaller and smaller the dream of riding with a biker for these fat ass girls are going astray. I'm glad I'm not in the market of picking up women anymore or this would have been a concern.
I hear ya on the small seat but it does look better. My 06 R1 has a pretty good size back seat and my girlfriend, whom is pretty small (5' and not fat) hates riding on it, not because of the seat but the back foot pegs are so high it makes for an uncomfortable seating position. My cowling only gets replaced with the seat about 3 times a year.I don't like riding anyone on the R1 anyway, that's what my 1986 Harley FXRD touring bike is for.

I think MommaYamaha knew the market was smaller, but went ahead with the R6 anyways to dominate it after the end of the CBR...
I think it's a smart idea also. To only thing I don't get is the electronics package, don't think you need it on a 600cc bike.

My only gripe about it is the exhaust. Hopefully Taylormade comes out with something kickass for it.
I'm sure Toce will come out with a 4 can exhaust that will look killer....................NOT,:lol:lol:lol. Anyway, just about everyone changes the exhaust so it's not a big deal to me.

#17 ·
The new R6 styling looks really good. I want it and I'm not even in the market for a new bike. I feel sorry for all of the fat ass girls though. Back in the days, supersports and superbikes rear seats were wide enough to accommodate the biggest ass imaginable with the only limitation being how much the suspension can handle. With these new rear seats getting smaller and smaller the dream of riding with a biker for these fat ass girls are going astray. I'm glad I'm not in the market of picking up women anymore or this would have been a concern.

#30 ·
they could of used the R1 can. I think the only thing that ruins the look is the tail. the can I can overlook because there are hundreds of options and most of us get rid of it. I still use the stock R1 can just because it's not hideous to me. I've also come to like it's silence. after years of riding around on a noisy R6 it's a nice break

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.