Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

R1 loaded into a Ford Transit Connect Van?

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Benocehcap 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if a 2014 YZF R1 will fit into the back of a long wheel base Ford Transit Connect van? Headed to Portland to pick up my R1 from EDR performance shop. The rear entrance height is 44" and is a few more inches hight once inside with a overall length of 77". This is just a one time transport. I don't have the bike here to measure.

Thanks!

#9 ·
I rented a van and it cost me just under 100 buck. I love the ford connect. I was thinking to get one to serve the house and bike. But it's a pricey little van, even at very high miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Yeah looking at that link you just posted, i would hate that set up. How the hell do you get the bike out hunched over 90 degree at the waist lol. Even the larger open uhual trailers are cheap to rent, so long as you return the trailer to the same place you rented it. Also the article doesn't make a lot of sense. He had an older truck, paid off, a enclosed trailer, paid off. And he sold those to save money on gas but then went and spent $23,000 + another $2000 in accessories for the ford connect. My calculator must be a different model than his, but he will have to drive hundreds of thousands of miles at gas under $2 per gallon to even come close. Once you factor in new vehicle depreciation, he really did not help his situation lol.

Reactions: Benocehcap
#14 ·
It didn't.

First of I would like to thank everyone for the good ideas. It appeared by taking the wind screen off, dropping the forks a little and deflating the tires the bike could have been shoe horned inside the back of the little Ford van. Thank you.

I have an open trailer to haul my three bikes but the van became available for another errand that was going to take us near the area where my bike's transmission was repaired, which is 250 mile away from our home.

Picking up the bike depended on how much room was available after picking up a cadaver.

Yes, a cadaver.??? My wife is a science professor, but that is another story.

After loading the cadaver. it was obvious that the bike was not going to fit. So the bike still sits at the repair shop awaiting weather and time off work to coincide, which may be next Tuesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.