BPP Superleggera Light Weight Front & Rear Sprocket Group Buy - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Quality Parts at Great Prices!

BPP Superleggera Light Weight Front & Rear Sprocket Group Buy

BPP Superleggera Light Weight Front and Rear Sprocket Group Buy!

Made in USA, these are one of the best front and rear sprockets you can buy for your bike. The front sprockets are made from high strength alloy and is the lightest ones on the market weighing in on average at around .28 lbs.

The rear sprockets are the strongest light weight sprockets on the market. They are made from steel, how ever they weigh as much as aluminum sprockets you see for sale. Average weight for a 45T - 520 pitch sprocket is only .75 lbs.

Looking for a quick turn around, the group buy will close on January 22nd, 2017.

We are looking to get a minimum of 10 participants, and once the group buy is closed we will place the order with BPP, the turn around a that point will be 2-3 weeks to get everything custom made to order.

BPP Superleggera Front Sprockets

BPP Superleggera Rear Sprockets

Pricing and How-To Order Through the Group Buy

We can not publicly disclose the group buy pricing due to advertised priced restrictions, simply follow the link below, add the sprocket of your choice (make sure to choose the right options, in terms of tooth count, chain pitch and the year of your R1 if necessary) to your cart and use the discount code BPPR1FRM at checkout to see the group buy pricing.

You can then place your orders as a part of the group buy directly from our website. Make sure your shipping addresses are correct.

BPP Superleggera Front Sprockets For 1998 to 2017 R1 / R1S / R1M : https://www.motomillion.com/collecti...ket-r1-r1s-r1m

BPP Superleggera Rear Sprockets For 1998 to 2017 R1 / R1S / R1M : https://www.motomillion.com/collecti...ket-r1-r1s-r1m

BPP Superleggera Rear Sprockets ONLY FOR for BST / Marchesini / OZ Racing / Rotobox wheels : https://www.motomillion.com/products...racing-rotobox

When will I receive my sprocket?

We will place the group order so that the sprockets can be custom made to order on January 23rd, 2017, it'll be 2-3 weeks turn around from then.

I have another bike or my friend has another bike:

You are welcome to share this group buy with friends. To view the full line up of the BPP applications that are available through the group buy visit click here.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM me.

Kevap, One2, Banky and 1 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R1-Forum Discount code R1FORUM

Last edited by MotoMillion; 01-06-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:45 AM
I eat my R1

Done!!!
MotoMillion likes this.
post #3 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

^ that was quick!

For those who have ordered it through the website, lets get the list rolling.

1. Kevap - Sorry moderators first! LOL
2. fastrob691
fastrob691 likes this.

Last edited by Kevap; 01-06-2017 at 02:25 PM.
post #4 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:51 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMillion View Post
^ that was quick!

For those who have ordered it through the website, lets get the list rolling.

2. fastrob691

Must.....feed.......the......habit

Last edited by Kevap; 01-06-2017 at 02:25 PM.
post #5 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrob691 View Post
Must.....feed.......the......habit
you are fast rob after all :P
fastrob691 likes this.

post #6 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Scared? You SHOULD be!

So stock sprocket size for the 2015-2017 R1 is 16T front/41T rear, right?

What's a good recommendation for street riding (I won't be doing any track riding, I just need acceleration, top-end speed isn't necessary where I come from). From what I have read, 15T/43T (or 44T) appears to be a good compromise. Thoughts?

Trust unto God and He shall direct your path.

Last edited by Yautja; 01-06-2017 at 12:07 PM.
post #7 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yautja View Post

What's a good recommendation for street riding (I won't be doing any track riding, I just need acceleration, top-end speed isn't necessary where I come from). From what I have read, 15T/43T (or 44T) appears to be a good compromise. Thoughts?

16 / 41 is the stock size for 2015-2017 R1 as you've mentioned.

This thread has a few people who have chimed in on their different gearing setups : What is the stock gearing?

post #8 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Just happy to be here...

Garage
I gotta go home and check my sprocket size, I'll try to order this weekend. Thanks Mani!
MotoMillion likes this.

Wera Provisional Novice #338
@trash_panda_338 follow me on instagram

Sponsored Rider

Banky is a proud sponsor for
post #9 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banky View Post
I gotta go home and check my sprocket size, I'll try to order this weekend. Thanks Mani!
More than welcome, you guys asked for it, just happy to be able to get it going for all of the members of the forum.

post #10 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Just added the rear sprocket for aftermarket wheel applications such as BST, Marchesini, OZ Racing and Rotobox wheels, given that there are a few of you who run these wheels and might want these
WestSide_'10R1 and Yautja like this.

post #11 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:09 PM
what

Purchased!

' HAD 05 R1 not '04/ Carbon fiber parts are:front fender,upper tail,rear hugger/chain guard,heel guards,lower tank panels,heat shield,TWM gas cap...Yoshimura TRS-tri oval carbon fiber slip-ons,CRG CF Levers,DynaBeads,COREmoto SS brake lines,motodynamics smoke flush mounts/sequential tail light,Graves smog block offs,ZG DB,renthal -1 +4/did520,speedo DRD,K&N,progrip717,greggs mirror blockoffs,seats by streetskinns,Akrapovic y pipe,PC5 w/AT,APEX 3" adj. clipons... :Lucky 13th Squad #77:
post #12 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:10 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:

I'm running 16/43 now, kept the stock chain, I do some track days, 1/4 mile and am hoping to do some 1/2 or 1 mile races soon. I'm going to keep the 16/43 combo with stock chain length as it's a good compromise.

If you're doing more in town or shorter track definitely 15 up front.

Input our bike, it's in here and you can play with many variables in regards to gearing options.

Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator
post #13 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:11 PM
Ride Alive

Noooo there's no 45T count on the rear sprocket!!!!

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
post #14 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Scared? You SHOULD be!

Thumbs up

@Jim_Joe_Bob : There IS on the special BST, Marchesini, OZ Racing and Rotobox sprockets, but on our regular wheels, only up to 44T indeed.

@fastrob691 : yes, I'll be doing LOTS of in town driving. Thanks for the tip! I think I'll be going with 15T/44T on the special sprocket, as I'm planning on swapping wheels for a carbon fiber version (some day)...
fastrob691 likes this.

post #15 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Ride Alive

Quote:
@Jim_Joe_Bob : There IS on the special BST, Marchesini, OZ Racing and Rotobox sprockets, but on our regular wheels, only up to 44T indeed.

@fastrob691 : yes, I'll be doing LOTS of in town driving. Thanks for the tip! I think I'll be going with 15T/44T on the special sprocket, as I'm planning on swapping wheels for a carbon fiber version (some day)...
I saw that but I have no intention of swapping my stockers. UGH

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
post #16 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Joe_Bob View Post
Noooo there's no 45T count on the rear sprocket!!!!
Check again, 45T should be there now just for you
fastrob691 likes this.

post #17 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Ride Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMillion View Post
Check again, 45T should be there now just for you
I've purchased now. I love you.
MotoMillion and Yautja like this.

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
post #18 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

2. fastrob691
3. My 04 R1
4. Jim_Joe_Bob
My 04 R1 likes this.

Last edited by Kevap; 01-06-2017 at 02:21 PM.
post #19 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Scared? You SHOULD be!

Arrow

@MotoMillion : Give me a few days to set up my funds, I should be ordering by the middle of next week for sure!

post #20 of 194 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
@MotoMillion : Give me a few days to set up my funds, I should be ordering by the middle of next week for sure!
No worries, the GB is valid for another 16 days, so that everyone has enough notice to be able to get in on the deal

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode