Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2006 Yamaha R1 LE Front Wheel?

4K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  Loose 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I took my LE wheels to the local motorcycle store where I have a trusted mechanic who can change the tires. While they were there one of the new kids at the shop took the wheel off of the machine and dropped it on the floor. It took a large chunk out of my wheel. I am beside myself. Any insight on where to get a new wheel? The motorcycle shop stated they would purchase a new one for me. I have looked all over the internet tonight and have no idea where to even get one.

I believe they are forged aluminum Kompe M10RS type. The Yamaha part number is 4B-2516C-00-00 but no one has one. Any insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I took my LE rims to the local motorcycle store where I have a trusted mechanic who can change the tires. While they were there one of the new kids at the shop took the rim off of the machine and dropped it on the floor. It took a large trunk out of my rim. I am beside myself. Any insight on where to get a new Rim. The motorcycle shop stated they would purchase a new one for me. I have looked all over the internet tonight and have no idea where to even get one.

I believe they are forged aluminum Kompe M10RS type. The Yamaha part number is 4B-2516-00-00 but noone sticks one. Any insight would be appreciated.
People suck!

#9 ·
Since the wheel is no longer available from Yamaha... tell you're dealership that they need to purchase a new set of gold Marchesini Wheels!!!

Marchesini Wheels
I knew I could count on you Kevap. I have and they said that they will. I just feel bad as I was trying to keep the bike "As it Came". I have meticioulsy maintained each part I have removed as to put the bike back togerther as original. just kinda sux... The wheels were in "excellent/like new condition"

#11 ·
I did. I was looking for an original replacement but to no avail. If the dealr is going to buy them then we are going straight to T.A.W Performance, OPP Racing or Hard Racing to get them. Thanks though. There is a LE set on Ebay as well but the front has a hop in it and is prettey scratched up.

#14 ·
I'd just have them cut me a check for the full value of the wheel. Then I'd look into getting the wheel repaired. Maybe fill it with some sort of metal epoxy like quicksteel and a little touch up paint and you're good to go. Then pocket the money for other mods or some nice new gear...:dunno

#22 ·
Rim Repair - Curbside Wheel Repair - San Francisco Bay Area & Sacramento Area

Your reply to my initial suggestion seemed dismissive and slightly condescending, so I figured I would reply in jest...

Just trying to help, and good luck. I've had tire monkeys puncture my tires and mount them backwards, but never damage a wheel thankfully...

Not sure how you read dismissive and slightly condesending out of that but OK. I am/was skeptical about filling a aluminum wheel and then matching the paint and clear coating but that may be an option. Thank you for pointing it out. Sincerely....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.