Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Next year, MOTO GP is going to be a stonking good year!!

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  RUFFSTUFF 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hayden has done very well this year, that's for sure. Lets hope it is a better year with some closer racing. It will certainly make it more interesting with Rossi possibly on a Yamaha or something else rather than having the field chasing him all the time. It would be great if the likes of Suzuki and Kawasaki could get themselves sorted and be up with the pack as well.

#3 ·
Yep.....it's gonna be fun watching GP !!!

I'm convinced though, that no matter what Rossi is riding, he's gonna be, is, and will continue to dominate GP. granted it takes the combination of rider/bike to accomplish what he's done, he just simply has a talent that is unmatched.

#4 ·
R1_enough_said said:
Yep.....it's gonna be fun watching GP !!!

I'm convinced though, that no matter what Rossi is riding, he's gonna be, is, and will continue to dominate GP. granted it takes the combination of rider/bike to accomplish what he's done, he just simply has a talent that is unmatched.
You are right but another bike will bring him back to the field a bit. At least till he gets it sorted out. I watched the Doc at Phillip Island last week and he was clearly a step ahead of every one else. He just seemed like a machine and when it rained everyone else was sliding around and falling off while Rossi was still on rails lap after lap. And how many times has he had a problem such as the 10 sec penalty at Phillip Island and he just simply goes up another gear and does it seemingly with ease. he definitely is a s good as they say he is.

#5 ·
:iamwithst

absolutly, I have always had a good feeling that he could do that but this last race when he recieved that 10 sec. penilty and still won by over 5 secs. showed that it wouldn't be a problem.. I say the only way it would be fair would be to put rossi on a scooter..

#6 ·
Rossi is so in tune with his bike. :fact That last race was some
thing to be seen with the way he made up that 10 second
penalty. Yes, when he makes a switch from Honda it might slow
him down a bit, but he'll climb back to the top. What about Nickey
I'd keep a close eye on him. He had a great rookie year.

#9 ·
Skeeter said:
Rossi is so in tune with his bike. :fact That last race was some
thing to be seen with the way he made up that 10 second
penalty. Yes, when he makes a switch from Honda it might slow
him down a bit, but he'll climb back to the top. What about Nickey
I'd keep a close eye on him. He had a great rookie year.

That didn't impress me as much as the race before where he went off the track with a handful of laps to go, ended up 9th, and passed a whole lotta Hondas and Ducatis to finish second behind a very sharp Biaggi.:fact

Hondas problem is Hayden is doing far better than they anticipated, if Rossi stays put, they could conceivably have the top 2 riders on the same team, and that could lead to alot of ego problems. Look at the Yamaha AMA Supersport team of Hacking and Buckmaster as an example. This ain't like bicycling where your teammates are there to make you look good and slow everyone else down or tire them out.... everyone's out there to win.

What's neat about Rossi is an average race for him is a win. It's when he's put in a situation where he has to step it up and work for it that you realize just how good he is.:bow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.