Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Picked up the 2017

5K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  cyclepsycho7 
#1 ·
Just picked her up Saturday. I got the Yamaha fender kit when I was there. Looks pretty good I think. No spools on the swing arm yet so I have to use tie downs. Took me a minute to figure out how to turn off LIF, lol. Still trying to figure out all the electronics aids. First bike that I've ever had that has all that. Going to be taking it to Livengood for flash, dyno tune and full Arrow titanium pipe soon. Hopefully that will calm the twitchy throttle. I'm loving it though.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
It was cloudy when i took those pics. The Blue is beautiful. Didnt care for the Black. Decided to go ahead and sell the RC51 because I can see now that its going to be sitting for a while. LOL. Pristine shape so I should get good money for it. Good to be in the club now.

#18 ·
I don't want you to take anything in the wrong way. Be happy with you bike. But if you would like to talk about the price that's fine. The dealer hosed you in ever way way he could. Did you negotiate? 16,500 is out the door price at most dealers are some are even cheaper. And msrp is 16,600 I beleive. I for example payed 16,600 tax tags prep everything. If I did the Y.E.S. It would have been 17,600. I payed cash but that really doesn't make a diffrence these days.

#21 · (Edited)
Congrats on the new ride, I've always loved the Yami blue. Enjoy and welcome to the forum.

Edit: I think it would even look better with a natural aluminum swing arm. I never realize how much I liked that look until One2 removed the black paint from his and polished it. Makes a major difference. I have the carbon fiber swing arm covers on mine and although I like the look of it I'm thinking of taking it off and going with the natural aluminum look.

#28 ·
I love the blue wheels. Only thing I don't like is the tight groove on the spokes. That's going to be a bitch to keep clean. Not crazy about spraying chemicals on the wheels either. Never really know weather or not that crap is going to streak your wheels. I'd be pissed if that happened.

#31 ·
I got a 2016 awhile back for 14200 out the door. Shop around. ad valorem was like 900 i think. I paid that at dmv.

#37 ·
This...I got my 2017 R1M for 19,890 (20,790 otd with y.e.s) from Millers in PA...worth the 8 hour drive...even with having to pay taxes it can out to just under 22,000 all said and done once I got her back to Chicago and paid these high ass taxes...your dealer in all honesty got over like a fat cat on you man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.