Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

What do you pay for your R1 insurance

21K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  WheelJouster 
#1 ·
What do you pay for your R1 insurance

curious to see what you guys are paying for your insurance I was quoted $532 liability only I feel that's high considering the last year for my 2002 Yamaha YZF 600R I only paid $200 so I guess make a long story short is that about the going rate?
Thank you Dustin

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Damn. That's highway robbery by the insurance companies, for sure! Over here in the Caribbean I pay about $195 a year, third-party only though. All risk coverage does not exist for motorcycles here (don't ask me why), only for cars, trucks etc.

#10 ·
Lol well I think I'm going to win or lose this thread depending on how you look at it...Lol $334 a month with progressive ..27 , clean record but I am fully covered to the full cost of the bike not depreciation and a few other things I have covered for my bike as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#16 ·
I too freaked out when I first saw the quotes for my 16' R1. I'm 37 clean driving record actually spotless in Pennsylvania. First quote w progressive was $2700 yr Full Coverage, went to state farm and its $80 month full coverage... I ended up going with Rider.com but just liability for $90 a year. Heres the KICKER for NOT getting full coverage like I need and want, I only run on permits since i was 16 and you HAVE to have a motorcycle license to have full coverage on the R1 in Pa
Hell when I was 18 years old (i was a complete idiot then too) I had full coverage w state farm on my R6 for $28 a month crazy what the R1 costs. I have friends with CBR1000's and theirs is dirt cheap, but not the yamaha

#21 ·
Here's my tally...

09 R1, $500 deductible, full coverage, $100k limits, $85/yr or $7/mo (Allstate thinks it's only a 250cc bike, but the VIN and everything is correct so agent insists everything is still covered.)

15 HD, $500 deductible, full coverage, $100k limits, $316/yr or $26/mo

16 R1, $1000 deductible, full coverage, $100k limits, $625/yr or $52/mo

I thought mine was high, but now I'm actually feeling pretty good about my rates comparatively.

#23 ·
Full coverage on my 09 R1. $500 deductible on comp and collision. $850 a year with a Scion FRS on the policy as well (not include in the 850 figure). 23 years old with Allstate in PA.

I moved my car over from Erie insurance because they wouldn't insure the R1. To bad, their car prices are top notch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#24 ·
Liability only was like $150/year. Full coverage is costing me around $1,000/yr
(This is for an '08 R1)

I checked progressive and state farm...and they were pretty close... but I ended up going with Nationwide.
Nationwide gave me personal injury protection included in my insurance for the same cost as progressive/state farm quotes *without* PIP.
Was an easy decision to make with that in mind.

#27 ·
I'm 24 y/o clean record, 04 R1 (RIP) paid $335 annually including comprehensive through commerce. I will probably always own used/older vehicles for this reason. Not to hijack the thread but I pay almost exactly $1k for insurance on a 370z because its an 09. not bad in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.