Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Best Exhaust for 2004 R1???

22K views 70 replies 35 participants last post by  cyclepsycho7 
#1 ·
I heard Yoshimura is the best exhaust if your looking for overall horsepower gains but then one of the other guys suggest Hindle. Which one do you guys think id the best for horsepower gains?

#9 ·
Guys,
It all depends on where you want that power to come in.
If your looking for nothing but screaming top end power, 9k rpm's and up, go with Graves. That is if you can stand the 5' long fart cans.

I actually prefer the Micron Serpent system. Perfect fit, the best craftmanship I have ever seen from an exhaust, and it starts making power right from 3k rpm.

It doesn't have the same sreamin top end as Graves but that's not what I was after.
I say Micron!

#15 ·
KINGDR1 said:
Graves, Ti-force, or Akra, dont buy a micron, only poser's use micron
Posers Use Micron???
I suggest you take a look at their dyno chart, they have excellent low end / mid range gains.

Also, take a look at the quality of the Micron systems. How many sections does the Graves, Tiforce and Akro systems come in? How many welds can you count on those systems???

The Micron Serpent has a total of 3 sections: headers, mid pipe and Y pipe. You'll only find 1 weld on the headers, 1 weld on the mid pipe and 1 weld on the Y pipe. All of the welds are absolutely perfect. I challeng you to say the same about the other manufacturers.

Micron only for Posers? You, my friend, are sadly misled and uneducated.

#16 ·
K-TOWN HUSTLER said:
which slip on is the absolute loudest for the 04?
the graves isn't loud at all.
is microns at least loud?
If you want loud buy D&D. That's what all the squids are using. Totally useless pieces of junk, but yes they are extremely loud.

#17 ·
My UPS driver just knocked on my door and delivered me my Graves system that I ordered from Shane at McCoy Motorsports. Thanks Shane, the system looks beautiful!!! I actually like the looks of the cans once the system is on the bike. :thumbup

#18 ·
i'm sorry, let me clarify. " I HATE D & D, I THINK IT'S GARBAGE "

so anything else? I checked db ratings and the Akra Slip On is louder than the EVO full system? wtf?
looks like i'll be doin the Akra Slip with the Cat Eliminator Y pipe.

how does that micron sound? will it wake up the dead?

once again, I hate D & D, sounds like a fart

#21 ·
The Micron sounds great, it has a really nice rumble to it. I think it may be a little on the loud side but I don't have anything to compare it to.

#22 ·
Forgot to mention, the spec sheet says 104 db.

#25 ·
Yeah... I thought it was a little loud. '
Does sound nice though. Good rumble to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.