Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

which bike for a chic? R6 or YZF6? Chic riders please answer!

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  milletary 
#1 ·
I got a friend who is looking into buying her 1st bike. She is trying to decide over the r6 and the yzf600. Im trying to push her towards the R6, but shes worried about the aggressive seating position as compared to the yzf. SHe thinks her back will hurt after awhile, etc etc. BUt i told her she will get used to it, like I did, and if she got the yzf, she would regret it after awhile and wish she got a R6....anyway, i need opinions. any help from female riders appreciated!

#2 ·
Not a female.. But thought I'd drop an opinion anyway.
Why do you think it matters, men/women?
Let her buy whatever she thinks is comfortable and likes more, it's a bike! It's something that she can sell and buy another!

And why would she regret not getting an R6 if she doesn't want it? It'll take her a good year or two to understand and use the difference in potential of those 2 bikes, if at all.

#3 · (Edited)
I would recommend the yzf600, its very reliable, cheaper and has proven to be a great all around ride over the years. It's not as extreme as the R6 but it still looks great and is a bit more mello and comfortable. I think she would like it better in the long run. She can always upgrade to the R6 later if she wants but I really think she will be happy with the YZF600. Get it in blue! :riding Lets us know what she ends up getting...

#4 ·
I have a 02 600r. My first bike. Bought it last summer. Its an excellent bike and Iwould recomend it. Honestly I can say that I would love to have an R6 now, or a R1 but I still love my bike after 2 years and it still flies I dont care what anyone says. Obviously to you people that ride R1's probably think the 600R is gutless, but Ive put 11000 miles on my 600r in the last year and a half and I am still amazed at the performance and acceleration of the 600r. It fawkin flies, and very comfy ta boot. I get compliments on it all the time. So I guess I would say get the 600r, and if she wants later on, she can always get an R6.:)

#6 ·
Highly recommend the 600r

wifey is currently looking at that now also and the R6

I think the 600r has a better get the feel for biking and has a fair amount of torque in it and scoots along quite well as mentiond earlier.

personally I want the 600r more than the wife does but i want it for trips with just the 2 of us. Once she gets hers im going solo permanetly on mine so no more passengers on the 1

crap--now i need to buy more bikes what a pity

#7 ·
korrupt1 said:
Highly recommend the 600r

wifey is currently looking at that now also and the R6

I think the 600r has a better get the feel for biking and has a fair amount of torque in it and scoots along quite well as mentiond earlier.

personally I want the 600r more than the wife does but i want it for trips with just the 2 of us. Once she gets hers im going solo permanetly on mine so no more passengers on the 1

crap--now i need to buy more bikes what a pity
Well you could just trade me even up for your 1. hehehe:riding :epimp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.