Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

154.5 HP With QB Airbox & Dynojet Kit On My 99 R1!

17K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  Jaketheone46 
#1 · (Edited)
Its not my bike.... AFR Is 13.2>13.5 consistent....Its RJS Superbikes in the UK, They doing my Bike Tuesday and mine has a higher state of tune :)

Figures are at the rear wheel and not crank..! QB Ramair & Full exhaust system using dynojet kit, no other mods...

See less See more
#6 ·
woooh!
that is some serious gains!
I like!

#8 ·
what was the power before mods??? dynos are just a measuring tool, some less, some more. still good power. but lets say your bike on the same dyno before you dumped $2000 made 145hp. and after did 155hp. was that good work done for the money??????

#16 ·
I always say if you've got 100hp+ @ 7K you have a good motor

What mods have you done

#21 ·
well all i can say is that on the track, (i dont ride street anymore, 20 yrs) this combo of lightness and lowend grunt walks away from all the new bikes, except for those riders at the highest level. hell i finished 8th at a national race, on a very fast track. so its not the bikes that is the factor, its the riders.

#26 ·
the 98 to 00 ran 10.2 an the 2012 runs 10.1 0 to 60 is close 2 . now geared jeted ect a good rider on a 00 could get out on a new one maybe for 2 lights ..aint that much faster n the old bike could feel that much stronger cuz its not as swiss watch like .. above 150 mph old school is out gunned a shot of spray n the 2017 would get beat 2

#30 ·
the young pilot is fast an im sure i couldent stickem on a road coarse .just a reminder young jedis some old guys been goin fast for a while ....9 0s at 151 n 201 miami mile zx14 on spray 250 suited rider ..puting a 00 r1 toghether for the strip right now 15/45 2 bros 40 shot ect. fixed a bad 2nd gear did the head n for 1500 bucks im bettin a pull a low ten with in 3 runs . old school style ..good day pilots

#33 ·
You won't need spray to get into the 9s but you will need commitment.

#31 ·
I have only just got my engine back from a certain place in the UK, don't ask..!!! Nearly 2 years to change the timing and fit a new cam chain, check clearances.

Anyway, now timed to 105/104 from 107/105, expecting a drop from peak but a gain in torque... will be on dyno in a couple of weeks.
Have been running her up today and checking everything is tight.

Also got to rebuild my rear Ohlins shock and revalve it, helps i run a suspension shop ;-)

#32 ·
My stock 01 with slip on and k+n filter produced 140 rwhp on dyno. After all of the below engine mods we produced 162 rwhp on the same dyno. All dynos are different and the only way to measure gains is to first get a base line reading Before mods are made. To state that your modified bike is 154hp because thats what the dyno reading said is only half of the story. What you are actually saying is "this dyno measrued this bike to be 154hp." thats all. it does NOT mean that this bike is producing 154rwhp at all. just saying

#34 ·
When this thread was started most of us knew as we still do about the statement that Stoneroll posted...

Anyway today after the bike being finally back together it was Dyno time, the change from 107/102 to 105/104 has made the difference I expected. Power band has shifted lower down the range.

I am running larger clamps and this is restricting the bell mouth of the ram air box, thus it is not fully pressurising and it is getting some heat sink from the radiator. I now need a ram scoop for the box to counter act this.

I still made 150 rwhp and 79 ft lb peak, which is a lil lower than before tha cam change, but my god she pulls like thunder ;-)

@ 6k she makes 71.41 ft lb vs 56.97 previously
@ 5.6k she makes 78.69 hp vs 62.78 previously

We used the same Dyno and had to lean the dynojet needles 1 notch, otherwise same main jets etc...

when i get the ramair snorkel ill do another run, see what becomes.

#35 ·
based on experience, I doubt you will see much gain on the dyno with the ram air scoop. The main benefit is while at feed air is directed into the air box. I would check for vacuum leaks if it isn't pressuring.

your air fuel will an how you pressurize the float bowls is key to success.

#36 ·
Hey Death, long time no speak..!

You n Bill helped me a few years back if you remember, so I'm using his mods.
Yes I have different clamps now and on the dyno the air feed was restricted into the sirbox by the lower clamp thickness...

Hence needs scoop, I don't want more power, just maximise air flow into the box. It's getting air but not clean air.

So I'd guesstimate it's not quite fully pressurised.

How is the fitment on the web scoop?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.