Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

The Wobbly One's Cousin (not literally)

234K views 1K replies 102 participants last post by  J_Scruff21 
#1 ·
well this build a way far from being done its most RACE ENGINE FOR NOW... here is what it was..
2011 RAVEN R1
yeah STEVE THATS YOUR EXHAUST JEJE

See less See more
#301 ·
Yepp, these engines are tricky...

A friend of mine has a GSX1000RR, and he has much easier time tuning his bike :( He always starts his tuning process where I end mine :crash

Attached is a dyno of mine R1 2009.

Attachments

#303 ·
TIM IS IT JUST TUNNING YOU THINK?? OR DO I HAVE TO TAKE EVERYTHING APART AGAIN AN START FROM ZERO??? I HAVE ACCESS TO YEC all day long, pistons, rods, crank, mill the head you name it ill do it... i was going to try to degree the cams shit hsit only gains like 3bhp si dunno what to do next first i will run my friends bike with my rear wheel and tire and gearing and see what happens if it like 140 ill be happy but if its the same im taking it apart right again and send you it by parts etc....

#307 ·
First of all find out about the dyno you used. Get you friends bike and run it on the same dyno. If the numbers are almost same, goto start and think what may have gone wrong. If the numbers, as you say, differns 15-10bhp that's a differnt picture. :)

(Possibly there is something in the setup that's wrong.)

Just tuning the fuel will probably give you 3-5 HP, but if something is fundamently wrong with the setup you will not get 20+bhp just by fuel tuning on the dyno.

I installed Wiseco high compression pistons and lost 6bhp. I returned back to stock pistons.

my 2cents.

#305 ·
If you want 200+bhp you should send the whole bloody engine to Tim and let him to it:hammer:

I got 180bhp on my bike myself, but the next 20+ are extremly expensive and requires a total different skill and toolset. :)

#317 ·
i already BOUGHT ANOTHER BIKE i would have to buy a third one lol no way i already messaged tim about the second bike i bought :) its kinda a secrect so i just need to fix this one for the street-monster version and i already have the track MONSTER coming

#319 ·
Just throwing this one out there....It strikes me that there could be a worthwhile investment opportunity, in Costa Rico for someone interested in buying a propper bike dyno. How much would a dyno cost?
i saw one on ebay a bike dynojet one for like 24k i wanna buy one for my shop im tired of putting up with these people's shit but tomorrow i will have my friends bike and will see the results with another r1 with same gearing and same wheel, and tire

#326 ·
With YEC Cams and springs you should have it in SBK mode.
But you mentioned something about that you was not abtle to time the cams properly, and you ran stock...(?)

If you have timed it stock, then I presume you should try it with STK. I'm not 100%.

The ECU uses a different timing map in SBK vs STK. I don't know exactly what the differances are.

BTW: This would be needful info; Does anyone know the timing differances between STK vs SBK mode?

#336 ·
LIAM THIS IS HOW I HAVE IT RIGHT NOW
The best way to check if you are in SBK or STK mode is to connect your PC to the bike, start YEC software and monitor the "STK/SBK" parameter.

STK=0. SBK=1

You can switch while running the engine and if connected correct the value of STK/SBK parameter should change.

#343 ·
thats not my video that someone else how can he make that power with pcv and slip on has to be BULL SH!T RIGHT????
will give it a second thout on the yec parts then what order mods can i use to get to 200 bhp??
squirt.....squirt. 200hp will be a tough/reeeeeeaaaaaalllllly expensive # to attain. i don't want to say impossible w/out nitrous.......but pretty damn close to impossible and have ANY KIND of reliability.

#346 ·
squirt.....squirt. 200hp will be a tough/reeeeeeaaaaaalllllly expensive # to attain. i don't want to say impossible w/out nitrous.......but pretty damn close to impossible and have ANY KIND of reliability.
Exactly. The full factory backed superbike r1's don't make 200bhp so its not happening here. 180 is pretty good, 185+ is exceptional. All this talk of 200+ is just horseshit

#370 ·
COSTA RICA EVERYTHING GOES... LAST NIGHT WAS THE ILLEGAL STREET RACING but didnt take her this bike has alot of work wensday nights she goes 1.4 mile illegal street racing, sundays its road racing, and every 2 months track races even thou there is track day every THURSDAY but i dont have time to be there every thursday

#374 ·
ok back from the dyno here is the mystery......
blue line my friends bike with joshi slip ons and pcv with auto tuner
red line my bike
out come
MY BIKE 162BHP
MY FRIENDS BIKE 149BHP
SAME GEARING, SAME WHEELS, SAME TIRES (I PUT ALL MY STUFF ON HIS BIKE FOR THIS TEST)
TIM I WILL SEND YOU THE DYNO RUN FILES

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.