Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Akrapovic vs Graves

21K views 78 replies 25 participants last post by  Stonewall 
#1 ·
Just as the title says...I'm just not feeling my yoshi/M4 setup. I would like to upgrade to either the akrapovic 3/4 or the graves 3/4 ti with CF cans. Can anyone lend a hand either way to go? That being said...anyone looking for or know anyone that would want my previous set up? Thanks guys!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#7 ·
Let me just say that I hate the fact that Graves chose red and yellow for their LINK system logos, why choose the exact same colors as Akra, just why? Their CF titanium combo (posted by OnPointR1) is much better and unique.

I'm not absolutely positive but I've held a Graves muffler in my hand before and inspected it, Akra wins quality wise.

#9 · (Edited)
its a sticker u can get the newer design logo really cheap.
also, please go further into how unique mass produced exhausts are :lol

how can u say not sure if u inspected one, then say akra wins quality wise :dunno

i love my graves link Ti. its awesome, and i like the way it is flush with the tail. and the sound is amazing. i've never had an akra or been near one, so i wont say anything about that. from what i hear they are also really good. Op if u want a better idea on what u should get, go to youtube. the sounds will be way different in person, but it should give u a good idea of which one u might want between the two.

#14 ·
My biggest problem with the Akra is the length. That's why I'll be purchasing Graves. I hate how the Akras and most R1 exhausts block the tail light. I get why they're longer but I like the clean flush look better. Really there isn't a bad decision here. I plan to pull the sticker off the graves anyways and replace with the older style.

#21 ·
a lot of people in my town never heard of graves, so they always ask if they can hear it. they always smile while its idling. then i rev it, and it scares the absolute $hit out of them. they literally jump back like 10ft :lol i got the stacks though, so that makes a huge difference compared to just having the exhaust.

i really wish i knew someone with akra so i can hear them in person.

#28 · (Edited)
Graves wins in quality.

Why…

•Cleaner welds
•The clear coat on the carbon fiber last longer (100% true; I always compare it with other 2009-2014 R1 owners with Akra and they comment about the good quality of the Graves carbon cans themselves)
•Shorter cans
•Made in America
•Awesome customer service.

Yes. Graves hands down.

And you can put whatever sticker you want on it…

#29 · (Edited)
Graves wins in quality.

Why…

•Cleaner welds
•The clear coat on the carbon fiber last longer
•Made in America
•Awesome customer service.

Yes. Graves hands down.

And you can put whatever sticker you want on it…

Cleaner welds? Clearcoat? ...Bullshit.
Made in America? So are Harley Davidsons...

One company specializes in exhaust for 100's of bikes including the GP circuit while utilizing technology and precision (like hydroforming) the other is like a "mom and pops" shop by comparison.

Go fan Boi!

#31 ·
So here we go with the criticism where it's not needed or necessary. So childish.

First of all, Harley's are made I several different countries but are assembled in the US.

Every carbon fiber Akra exhaust in my area with about the same miles as my Graves exhaust has exposed carbon fiber. This is a fact. If people who own Akra exhaust complain about it then…

The welds are better on the LINK system. There is an old thread on here about with many members here that agree.

#39 · (Edited)
childish.
Yes one2, your posts have come across as quite childish.

Do you think you're getting somewhere by asking what quality parts are manufactured in Canada? Did someone ask what's the better exhaust between Akroprovic vs. Hindle?...and did I really say (like it was fact) "Hindle because....Canada".

No...no I didn't, that was you..."Graves is better bro..... cause made in Murica!!"

Lol...I don't need to argue with you, I really don't care what Canada produces. I don't care about your military. Honestly, I don't care if your dad could beat up my dad. Made in Murica means piss to me and is not a valid argument for one exhaust being better than the next.

#38 ·
Wow....this thread took a left turn. One2...his bike looks awesome. My bike aspires to be on that level. His graves looks great. The European race bikes I've seen via Google primarily use Akra. So ultimately what it will come down to is price and sound. YouTube doesn't do either justice I'm sure. So which ever I can get the best deal on should win. I appreciate all the input. All bikes posted look fantastic

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#43 ·
And for everybody following this thread, when I say I buy something made in America, I say that because I support American companies.

It's not an arrogant comment at all. I just simply like to support my country like a normal person should.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.