Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2013 Help

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Kevap 
#1 ·
Okay guys I'm back in the game. Sold my last R1 back in 2004 and have had a big hole since then.

Picked up a new 2013 yesterday for 10k, Looking to go down one up front and up two in the rear. Do I have to make any changes to the bike ( ECM) just for
this change?

Will be starting the the Graves link exhaust with the Cat elim first. Then the
smog plates. Will a Power commander and map be required for the exhaust?
And what does the ECM flash do??

Things have really changed in 13 years. On my 04 I had a Graves full Ty system. A custom map made by a member here that was called " SmokeU".
Velocity stacks. Bar ends by another member " Earache"

Had to make a new account due to not being able to log in under my old user name, Slickr1.

This is the bike I sold, good to be back...

See less See more
#3 ·
Do I have to make any changes to the bike (ECU) just for this change? NO, BUT SUGGESTED

Will be installing the Graves link exhaust with the cat elim first. Then the smog plates. Will a Power commander and map be required for the exhaust? And what does the ECU flash do?? NOT REQUIRED BUT SUGGESTED. FLASH REMOVES RESTRCTIONS AND LETS THE BEAST OUT.

#4 ·
Kevap.

Thanks for the info, so a power commander and a re flash will be required for the best performance?

I see you are one of the older members here, meaning your register date. Does not look like many of the guys from 12-13 years ago post here. I had sliders and bar ends made by earache, and smokeuu did my custom fuel map back in 04. Neither have been active here for quite a while.

Matters not who is left, I'm back..

#5 ·
join the R1 Owners page on facebook, Nick Marino is the man for ECU flashes on there. the flash on any newer bike is a must to get it to run the way it should.

#6 ·
If you eliminate the cat, you're going to run lean.

Flashing the ECU is a much for various reasons other than the tune.

Increase idle
Reduce engine braking
Delete AIS
Remove factory throttle restrictions
And much more.

I'd also install the Grave Clutch Kit and get and Alien Motion Lithium battery.

#7 ·
Okay guys thanks for the info. Been searching the web for the last few days, I'm just blown away by how much things have changes and the technology that has come around in the last 10 years, meaning with motorcycles.

I do appreciate all the help and input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.