All Your Answers On How To Wheelie - Page 4 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Stunters Corner For all the R1 stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it.. those that do not like stunting, please stay away

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 12:07 PM
So You Think You Are Faster?

Send a message via AIM to Kavykidln2
Nice info bro, when i wheelie i just clutch slip second by romping the throttle and just barely pull the clutch lever real quick like, and how the hell do you guys shit when you wheelie, i cant do it

2004 R1, Black, Graves Motor Sport Full Exhuast,Dyno Jet Ignition Module,Frame Sliders, Rear sets,Ohlins Rear Shock, Evolution Composits Rear Hugger, vented front fender, Undertail kit, Air Intake ducts,and engine cover, Ermax Areo Max Silver Windshield,Power bronze headlight covers , Power Bronze seat cowl,Spiegler Brake lines, ABM front wave rotors, DNA Air Filter, Barnett Friction Plates, ICON riding gear, its stock i swear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 07:41 PM
I eat my R1

What I am doing wrong? Last year I had 02 R1 (stock) and wheelie in 1 & 2 where easy for me with clutch but now with 04 R1(stock too) every time i clutch my rear tire is spinning around.On 02 I was doing wheelie in 1 gear from 15-50 mph just clutch and then just play with throttle never find my bp but some of them where very long one so thinking maybe I'm giving too much gas or releasing clutch too slow? Please some one help me

Lukasz
post #63 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 07:57 PM
So You Think You Are Faster?

Send a message via AIM to Kavykidln2
the 04 R1 has a diffrent swing arm and is desinged to hold the ground a little bit better than the older bikes, the made them so the front is easier to pull up,try airing it down 20-25 psi or buying a aftermarket rear tire, and when you slip the clutch hit it kick dont slip it to much, well email me for info ok bro i am the wheelie master

2004 R1, Black, Graves Motor Sport Full Exhuast,Dyno Jet Ignition Module,Frame Sliders, Rear sets,Ohlins Rear Shock, Evolution Composits Rear Hugger, vented front fender, Undertail kit, Air Intake ducts,and engine cover, Ermax Areo Max Silver Windshield,Power bronze headlight covers , Power Bronze seat cowl,Spiegler Brake lines, ABM front wave rotors, DNA Air Filter, Barnett Friction Plates, ICON riding gear, its stock i swear.

post #64 of 179 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I eat my R1

I notice that 04 got death low torque so I think that I need to go faster like on 02.I love to do 1 clutch b/c I'm not into highway staff and i was starting from 15mph and holding it all the way till rev limiter but now with my 04 Im felling that the speed is much higher (in first) you think that sprocket will fix the problem -1/+2 .**** now I'm rely missing my 02 but 04 is so beautiful bike to watch

Lukasz
post #65 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Hey, watch this...

lots of good info here, I'll kill myself for sure now
post #66 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 05:05 AM
I eat my R1

Send a message via AIM to blue streak 05 Send a message via Yahoo to blue streak 05
Quote:
Originally posted by ks820
lots of good info here, I'll kill myself for sure now
you will be alright lol
post #67 of 179 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:31 PM

great info ill be out there tomorrow

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit...what a ride!"
post #68 of 179 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 11:16 AM
There can be only One

top thread guys

lets face it what concerns us the most is over cooking it, most of us are already breaking the bank to be able to afford our pride and joys, plus you can quickly fall out of love with a bike once you've binned it ( i should know)
so its not really our ability to wheelie thats stopping us but our fear of crashing....
dismiss this from your thoughts and you will have the front wheel up before you know it. easier said than done but you're never gonna perfect it untill you concentrate on wheeling and not worrying about crashing....
In UK its an instant ban with re-test enforced in many cases, so be sure to do it where there is no plod to spoil your day.

keep safe guys and ride fast

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #69 of 179 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 02:09 PM
My R1 eats me.

Damn good shit!!
post #70 of 179 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
clutch it up!!!

Send a message via AIM to motopsyko32
clutch in allk the way and rev to like 9k in second gear

...Here once lived a good man... or so the story went...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #71 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 10:12 PM
01 R1 no Liens on my title

Send a message via MSN to Mike Steel
How to wheelie wow , what a great section for people that dont have the concept down , but Im sure anyone that actually wheelies can agree its all in the feeling and that balance point. I have some advice take it if you like it leave it if you dont everyone is comfortable in thier own ways . For one I found never lean into your wheeiles keep a straight back (of course I dont mean right to left) but dont lean towards the tank , that will always have the bike pull the whellies and not you shrugin or pulling on handlebars, also biggest key to wheelies DO NOT FORGET YOU HAVE A BACK BRAKE! I know a lot is going on and if you are not used to it most likely you will forget its there. Now the biggest thing that helped me with my wheelies is start off SLOW, Once you get comfortable with the brake and the balance point you will be able to crank your wheelie in every gear and through every gear trust me and my scrars slow crashes are better than fast ones and if you are gonna go down its better that its not at 75mph when you are relying on power wheelies. Its all about control get it slow and you will have it fast! Hope it helps I just dont like seeing people get hurt from stupid mistakes that myself and Im sure lots of us have made. So start off slow keep a straight Back and remember where that back brake is and youll get it after much practice. Thanks to everyone in the forum this is a really cool place for us riders

There are those who do and those who watch , those who make memories and those that remember , which are you?
post #72 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:19 AM
SHAZAAM!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRacerVR4 View Post
On my 04 I found that a light bounce in 2nd at 6.5k and hard throttle finds me a perfect balance point around 11.5k where I can ride it out. However, realize that the 04 makes 70whp (wot of course) between 7-11k... becareful cause it will creep up on you quick. I haven't tried clutching up yet cause I can bounce up third at around 8k pretty damn easy also. On the R6 I had to clutch up 2nd even with sprockets, but I really don't find a need in the 04.

For you 04 boys, if you are clutching up what gear and Rs are you turning? Also, do you find it a lot easier to ride out a stand up if you clutched up at lower Rs?

-Ryan

Hey, I have an 04' too so maybe this will help. I clutch it up in 2nd at about 4-5k RPM's comes up pretty easy in the balance point. I usually ride it awaystil about 8-10k RPMS then catch 3rd. If you have it in the balance point when you shift its perfect to just ride out at your will when in third. You can just cruise easy down the interstate and literally ride it as long as you want. If you keep it in the balance point. I rode one a good 3.5 miles that way and was actually still good but traffic forced me into letting it down. Oh and I have 2 teeth up in the rear. I dont think its a big difference maker, just a personal one. Hope that helps you figure yours out better.
post #73 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:28 AM
SHAZAAM!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavykidln2 View Post
Nice info bro, when i wheelie i just clutch slip second by romping the throttle and just barely pull the clutch lever real quick like, and how the hell do you guys shit when you wheelie, i cant do it
Did you mean shift when in a wheelie? If so when your in the balance point its just like shifting when its on the ground. Its really that easy. BUT, make sure your comfortable with the balance point and DONT blurp the throttle coming right out of the shift! As I said before, its better and easier to do in the lower RPMs (8-10k) then doing it with it TACHED out at 13.5k you know? It aint so bad.
post #74 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 02:56 AM
YAMAHA BORN TO CHAMPIONS

top class thread...

post #75 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 11:15 AM
My R1 eats me.

good info, i have an 06 r1 and i can ride fast wheelies all day long. my problem is slowing them down. When i first started clutching second i would sit down and bring them up around 70 mph. Now im standing with one foot on the back and one foot on the brake. Im starting to bring second up around 25 30 and finding that balance point is easier to find that way. My goal is to be able to ride a long wheelie at aroun 50 or 60 or to ride mile long wheelie. as of now i can ride them only around a quarter mile. Thanks for the info.
post #76 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

I have a 2001 r1.
Should I be able to power up in second without bouncing or clutching?
post #77 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:59 AM
ALWAYS TIME TO RIDE.

I've never been able to power up in second with stock gears.
post #78 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudsuperior View Post
Been trying the clutch up thing... Comes up some but not high enough. I'm thinking I need to let out on the clutch a little faster. Also tried the bounce up method and couldn't get it to work... Practice makes perfect
its easy! put in first gear , hold clutch in,pin throttle, lean back, then dump the clutch.
post #79 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
clutch it up!!!

Send a message via AIM to motopsyko32
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
its easy! put in first gear , hold clutch in,pin throttle, lean back, then dump the clutch.
show us how.. post a video...

...Here once lived a good man... or so the story went...

post #80 of 179 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopsyko32 View Post
show us how.. post a video...
yea i would but the camaras broken,its cold outside,i'm tired,and i just dont wanna show anybody up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode