For the Forum gun fiends! - Page 471 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #9401 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
I thought it was a shooting school certificate but hey that's a win

Sent from my Rooted S3 fool
That was the intent, but the certificate is good for any Barrett product. I looked into the training schools, but where they're located, what it will cost me to travel, stay there, rent gun, and show up with their minimum list of items was really adding up and my schedule was not being cooperative.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9402 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 12:47 PM
DAMN YOU SHANE

Send a message via AIM to Southern118 Send a message via Yahoo to Southern118
I cleaned and lubed three guns today with frog lube. I will probably take them to the range later this week and see how it works.

sig by Uncle Petrol
R.I.P. K_FleXXX 15Jun06
R.I.P. ElvisWarrior 17Jun07
R.I.P GaWarrior 25Jun08
R.I.P. Vman1300 26Mar09
my brothers might be gone but never forgotten i really hate adding my brothers to this list.
post #9403 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I eat my R1

Anyone have any experience with a Ruger SR9C? I've been debating on getting one.
post #9404 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 04:50 PM
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Send a message via AIM to WarMachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropem_low View Post
Anyone have any experience with a Ruger SR9C? I've been debating on getting one.
Pm R1nstang, he picked one up not to long ago

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
post #9405 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Um, who's this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropem_low View Post
I have the full size and it's a great shooting gun, for what it's worth. If the price is right it's a good gun to have.

2006 R1 SE, Yoshimura Titanium slip-ons, Vortex Black Rearsets, Pazzo Black/Gold Levers, K&N AF, PC III USB, graves clear flushy's, clear alternatives integrated tail light, Puig yellow DB screen, too much Gold Pro-Bolt goodies.
Cager - 95 Camaro Z28 Convertible Six Speed
NRA life member~Pro Gun~Pro Self Defence~Pro if we don't have a gun, I can out run you
post #9406 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 07:46 PM
I eat my R1

Cool, Thanks for the response guys. I've been trying to find another carry gun, but I just cant make up my mind. This one does feel great in my hand though.
post #9407 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 PM
MummyMan

I've heard bad things about that rifle though. If you want to make few hundred quick let me know and I'll take it off your hands for 250+ a little

Just trying to help you out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
Complete rifle. I got a gift certificate at Barrett and only have to throw in another 250 bones to get it.
post #9408 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

post #9409 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 09:57 AM

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...lice-buy-back/

Glad the police were honest and told this lady what she had before she handed it in.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

post #9410 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Venom GA state lead.

Quote:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...lice-buy-back/

Glad the police were honest and told this lady what she had before she handed it in.
Just read that on google... I thought I was going to get really mad. Then I finished reading the story and saw where they didn't destroy it.

R1-016 "Venom" GA state lead

Venom sign-up

sig courtesy of Petrol_Spice

RIP Lester

"The limits of tryants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -Fredrick Douglas
post #9411 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabe View Post
Just read that on google... I thought I was going to get really mad. Then I finished reading the story and saw where they didn't destroy it.
Yup holding it for her til she can find a buyer

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

post #9412 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 PM

7th court of appeals has struck down the ban on ccw in Illinois.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

post #9413 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
7th court of appeals has struck down the ban on ccw in Illinois.

Damn, beat me to it! Great day for the people of illinois, too bad they weren't smart enough to do it themselves and had to have a judge do it for them, just like liberals always do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total dick.
post #9414 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Moderator Dictator

So I went out this weekend and shot my new Ruger American .308. It kicked more than other .308's I've shot. I kept hearing how great the stock recoil pad is so I took it off. Turns out the store where I got it apparently swapped it out for a broken one from another customer. The screws weren't in tight and it was cracked inside. It wasn't a factory defect. Someone tried to fix it with some kind of resin epoxy. I skipped the store and contacted Ruger Monday morning. Spoke to an actual person and she said not to worry, they saw where I registered the gun with them and would send a new one out. Fast forward to tonight and the mail man knocks on my door and hands me 2 packages. They didn't send me a new pad, they sent a whole new stock and pad together. They also sent me a cheek pad as well all totally free.

Now that's good customer service. They just made a customer for life.

I need a good scope now. Redfield Revolution 3x9 40 accu-range I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	478402  

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
post #9415 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Damn, beat me to it! Great day for the people of illinois, too bad they weren't smart enough to do it themselves and had to have a judge do it for them, just like liberals always do.
now the speculation is that they'll make it a may issue instead of shall issue like CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
So I went out this weekend and shot my new Ruger American .308. It kicked more than other .308's I've shot. I kept hearing how great the stock recoil pad is so I took it off. Turns out the store where I got it apparently swapped it out for a broken one from another customer. The screws weren't in tight and it was cracked inside. It wasn't a factory defect. Someone tried to fix it with some kind of resin epoxy. I skipped the store and contacted Ruger Monday morning. Spoke to an actual person and she said not to worry, they saw where I registered the gun with them and would send a new one out. Fast forward to tonight and the mail man knocks on my door and hands me 2 packages. They didn't send me a new pad, they sent a whole new stock and pad together. They also sent me a cheek pad as well all totally free.

Now that's good customer service. They just made a customer for life.

I need a good scope now. Redfield Revolution 3x9 40 accu-range I think.
That's fuggin sweet.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

post #9416 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Moderatorasfcvk

Forum Gun Fiends V3.0

Opening V3.0 to keep load times down.

First two threads found here:

For the Forum gun fiends!

Forum Gun Fiends v2.0

post #9417 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Moderatorasfcvk

Closed. New thread (V3.0) is open...

Forum Gun Fiends V3.0

post #9418 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Moderatorasfcvk

Guy at work walked into the shop today with his new DPMS NATO REPR. He was pumped..............until I told him the local gun range is closed until February.

----------> ----------->

Last edited by KMac; 12-11-2012 at 05:45 PM.
post #9419 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Moderator Dictator

Quote:
Guy at work walked into the shop today with his new DPMS NATO REPR. He was pumped..............until I told him the local gun range is closed until February.

----------> ----------->
That sucks. You can shoot all year round in Detroit. Especially at night.

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
post #9420 of 15162 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:

----------> ----------->

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode