For the Forum gun fiends! - Page 472 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #9421 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 PM
The Lead Farmer

Dpms repr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total dick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9422 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Dpms repr?
http://dpmsinc.com/NATO-REPR_ep_94-1.html

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6861_1.gif
  • RIP to our fallen brothers. You will all be missed and remembered:
    • crazyclimbr - March 4, 2007
    • Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011
post #9423 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
The Lead Farmer

Meh

Quote:
Kirk is a total dick.
post #9424 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 PM
MummyMan

i thought lwrc made the repr? Others now doing the exact same thing?
post #9425 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 PM
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
i thought lwrc made the repr? Others now doing the exact same thing?
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I guess they are looking to cash in on LWRCI's name recognition. REPR is just an acronym after all.

Quote:
Kirk is a total dick.
post #9426 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 09:27 PM
odwit

Quote:
Meh

I like the furniture, but I'm not thrilled with the DPMS stuff
post #9427 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 PM
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoman48 View Post

I like the furniture, but I'm not thrilled with the DPMS stuff
It's a fine weapon. It's just overpriced IMO. For another 600 bucks you can have the best made.

Quote:
Kirk is a total dick.
post #9428 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 AM
I get food for your bike.

Now that I have finally settled down about the subject I have decided to write a post about it. I have been working a lot lately trying to save up some money for a house, leathers, ext... needless to say I haven't been home very much. After being off shore for nearly two months I got a couple days off due to bad weather. During my short time off I ran a few errands and decided to stop by one of my favorite gun shops. After buying a new holster for my Kimber the phone rang and I had to run home, grab my bags and head out to work on an emergency job. As I went to put away my holster I noticed my Kimber had started rusting!!! It was last cleaned when Issac came through and was still looking new after the storm so I was a bit confused as to how this could have happened. It turns out my roommate turned off my ac when I was gone wanting to cut down on the utility bill. After hearing this I was livid. I feel that with the humidity my things may as well have been left outside.

Due to the circumstances I didn't have much time to inspect the severity of it all. I quickly put it back, grabbed my bags, and ran out the door. It seemed like there might be some slight pitting starting on the smaller replaceable bits. The slide didn't look to bad aside from a little surface rust. I'm just hoping that the rust spots on the frame and in the checkering won't be to bad.

Needless to say dose anyone know any gunsmiths In around my neck of the woods who could refinish it for me? When I get everything all said and done I will be posting before and after photos and write a little review for you guys.

Also since ill be sending it out for a complete overhaul this could be my opportunity to have other things done as well. Any recommendations from the 1911 fans out there? Its a CUSTOM TLE/RL II so as far as color goes I'm leaning more in the direction of keeping it matte black unless someone has an idea that catches my attention.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading," -Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by TwistedSprocket; 12-12-2012 at 02:17 AM. Reason: typo
post #9429 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 03:31 AM
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSprocket View Post
Now that I have finally settled down about the subject I have decided to write a post about it. I have been working a lot lately trying to save up some money for a house, leathers, ext... needless to say I haven't been home very much. After being off shore for nearly two months I got a couple days off due to bad weather. During my short time off I ran a few errands and decided to stop by one of my favorite gun shops. After buying a new holster for my Kimber the phone rang and I had to run home, grab my bags and head out to work on an emergency job. As I went to put away my holster I noticed my Kimber had started rusting!!! It was last cleaned when Issac came through and was still looking new after the storm so I was a bit confused as to how this could have happened. It turns out my roommate turned off my ac when I was gone wanting to cut down on the utility bill. After hearing this I was livid. I feel that with the humidity my things may as well have been left outside.

Due to the circumstances I didn't have much time to inspect the severity of it all. I quickly put it back, grabbed my bags, and ran out the door. It seemed like there might be some slight pitting starting on the smaller replaceable bits. The slide didn't look to bad aside from a little surface rust. I'm just hoping that the rust spots on the frame and in the checkering won't be to bad.

Needless to say dose anyone know any gunsmiths In around my neck of the woods who could refinish it for me? When I get everything all said and done I will be posting before and after photos and write a little review for you guys.

Also since ill be sending it out for a complete overhaul this could be my opportunity to have other things done as well. Any recommendations from the 1911 fans out there? Its a CUSTOM TLE/RL II so as far as color goes I'm leaning more in the direction of keeping it matte black unless someone has an idea that catches my attention.
That sucks! Best I can say is to PM bohem3006, IIRC he knows someone who's very knowledgeable about Kimbers and smithing. Unsure about refinishing. But, might be able to give you better info.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6861_1.gif
  • RIP to our fallen brothers. You will all be missed and remembered:
    • crazyclimbr - March 4, 2007
    • Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011
post #9430 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 AM
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSprocket View Post

You have several options out there, and I'd recommend getting a trigger job and get the unit Diamond Coated. Diamond Coating treats the metal and makes it harder and more rust resistant. Find a really good smith though, this is the most important thing you can do. A hack job on the trigger can lead to improper safety operation and possible full auto fire. There's a guy down south somewhere where my gun shop sends their STI's out to get done, and he does some really cool stuff. I'll try to get his name for you.

Got the info:

http://freedomgunworks.com/services.html

Quote:
Kirk is a total dick.

Last edited by Meister37; 12-12-2012 at 05:16 AM.
post #9431 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 AM
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Send a message via AIM to WarMachine
Israeli bullpup and uzi pro coming to the us commercial market soon

http://blog.predatorbdu.com/2012/12/...s-shop-in.html

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]

Last edited by WarMachine; 12-12-2012 at 10:26 AM.
post #9432 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to GPD270
Quote:
It's a fine weapon. It's just overpriced IMO. For another 600 bucks you can have the best made.

That will be one of my next big buys.... LWRC REPR with the 20" barrel.

GPD270
CCS #270
Trackdays Kickass!!!!!!

RIP Kelly Brown----- K_Flexx 15 June 2006
RIP Crazyclimber----- 4 March 2007
God Speed Glenn(Elvis) We love you! We miss you! 17 June 2007
Chad "GAWarrior" Clifton -- 25 June 08
Kevin "VMAN1300" Varner -- 26 March 09
I miss you guys.

2012 Deals Gap Convention!!!! Dont miss out!
2012 R1 Forum Trackday!!! Be there!

IRISH RACING

So Fast So Clean
post #9433 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 AM
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPD270 View Post
That will be one of my next big buys.... LWRC REPR with the 20" barrel.
Get the 11.25 twist barrel!

Quote:
Kirk is a total dick.
post #9434 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I get food for your bike.

Quote:
You have several options out there, and I'd recommend getting a trigger job and get the unit Diamond Coated. Diamond Coating treats the metal and makes it harder and more rust resistant. Find a really good smith though, this is the most important thing you can do. A hack job on the trigger can lead to improper safety operation and possible full auto fire. There's a guy down south somewhere where my gun shop sends their STI's out to get done, and he does some really cool stuff. I'll try to get his name for you.

Got the info:

http://freedomgunworks.com/services.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
That sucks! Best I can say is to PM bohem3006, IIRC he knows someone who's very knowledgeable about Kimbers and smithing. Unsure about refinishing. But, might be able to give you better info.
Thanks for the advice guys I did a bit of research this morning and it looks like the diamond like carbon coatings Meister37 was talking about will be the best choice. I didn't see anything about DLC coatings on the freedom website but I'll give them a ring anyways when I get home and see what they have to say.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading," -Thomas Jefferson
post #9435 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Moderator Dictator

Quote:
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
Tell that to China.

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
post #9436 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Rebel w/ a Cause

In for Thread V3...

R1-013 Lucky 13th Squadron: NY!

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !
post #9437 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-LWBM6A2R5B16

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

post #9438 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 PM
The south roads are best roads

I think I heard on the radio a min ago the senator from Oregon is going to press for a assault style weapons ban again. Didn't get to hear all of it so need more info.

SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
post #9439 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverPuncher View Post
I think I heard on the radio a min ago the senator from Oregon is going to press for a assault style weapons ban again. Didn't get to hear all of it so need more info.
Typical knee jerk reaction

https://www.facebook.com/TheLarsLars...40705425957944

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

post #9440 of 15135 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 05:57 PM
MummyMan

Yah, I guess. I knew it was an acronym, but didn't think someone would copy it to that extent. This company as good of quality os lwrc?

Quote:
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I guess they are looking to cash in on LWRCI's name recognition. REPR is just an acronym after all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode