gun control - Page 4 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Moderatorasfcvk
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 44,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah Ben-Hur View Post
Just skimming over this post and reading bits and pieces here and there, I gotta say that the gay guy is winning on points.
Only on the point that gun violence is more prevalent in impoverished communities, but NOT on the point of why that is. Being poor is a common characteristic of a lot of people that commit gun crimes, it's not the "reason" they commit the crimes. There's not a high rate of teenage pregnancy in the poor community because they are poor, the rate is high due to some of the factors that also contribute to them being poor. Being "poor" is not the reason.

KMac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
Only on the point that gun violence is more prevalent in impoverished communities, but NOT on the point of why that is. Being poor is a common characteristic of a lot of people that commit gun crimes, it's not the "reason" they commit the crimes. There's not a high rate of teenage pregnancy in the poor community because they are poor, the rate is high due to some of the factors that also contribute to them being poor. Being "poor" is not the reason.
So your argument is that the connections are spurious. That's a reasonable position.
gravitycollapse is offline  
post #63 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Moderatorasfcvk
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 44,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
Of course those are symptoms of yet more symptoms.

Poor education for instance happens because:

A. the community lacks financial wealth necessary to reinvest in local schools.

B. Low income communities are less likely to receive adequate funding from local, state and federal agencies. One reason for this is performance based funding allocation. Inner city schools historically perform more poorly than other regions. They are thus more likely to suffer less funding due to performance based funding allocation.

C. The positive feedback cycle allows for others in the community to view education in general as both ineffective and unnecessary. Which leads to less reinvestment and less support for the power of a proper education.
many, many years ago there were one room schoolhouses all across this country which ALL had almost no money, yet people still got decent educations. Money is an excuse, not a reason. Again, a common thread in all your arguments.

KMac is offline  
post #64 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
many, many years ago there were one room schoolhouses all across this country which ALL had almost no money, yet people still got decent educations. Money is an excuse, not a reason. Again, a common thread in all your arguments.
Are you really prepared to argue that one room school houses in early America provided an education equivalent or superior to K-12 schools of the modern era?
gravitycollapse is offline  
post #65 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:19 PM
The south roads are best roads
 
BeaverPuncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Nashville,Tn
Posts: 19,357
The funny thing about gun control with people that are liberal, pacifist and or just plain ignorant is that if a major catastrophe happen they would be the first ones screaming about protect me. In most arguements with liberals you cant just state the facts and move on with life. You have to beat them over the head with them until you fix the screw thats loose.


SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
BeaverPuncher is offline  
post #66 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Moderatorasfcvk
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 44,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
Are you really prepared to argue that one room school houses in early America provided an education equivalent or superior to K-12 schools of the modern era?
Not at all, that's a wild leap that you have concocted. But I'm more than willing to argue that the education they received from a school with no money had much less (if any) disparity between the affluent and the poor as there is now, indicating money was not a factor in their education, but maybe attitudes, culture, personal responsibility and values ARE. But here we are again (still, actually): you insisting that the impoverished are not (or can not) be responsible for their situation, that it must be the fault of somebody else.

KMac is offline  
post #67 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Angry Misogynist
 
racindego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Glenside, Pa
Posts: 13,356
Gun violence is a culture propagated primarily by young, black males. That may hurt feelings but it is true. And no amount of socialist diarrhea is going to change that. Some overeducated, arrogant, self important, hippie liberal dick eater suggesting that he has all the answers is nauseatingly condescending. You can't save these people from themselves.

"I totally understand O.J...I get it." ~ Hulk Hogan


racindego is offline  
post #68 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
Not at all, that's a wild leap that you have concocted. But I'm more than willing to argue that the education they received from a school with no money had much less (if any) disparity between the affluent and the poor as there is now, indicating money was not a factor in their education, but maybe attitudes, culture, personal responsibility and values ARE. But here we are again (still, actually): you insisting that the impoverished are not (or can not) be responsible for their situation, that it must be the fault of somebody else.
Well, I haven't really said that.

But let me put it this way. If you're born into a poor or dysfunctional family, are you personally responsible as a child for being subjected to malnourishment, physical or mental abuse, a lack of proper education or proper upbringing?

There comes a point when one must be willing to admit that there are many factors influencing citizens that are largely out of their control. That's not denying all personal responsibility. It's living in the real world.
gravitycollapse is offline  
post #69 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
Gun violence is a culture propagated primarily by young, black males. That may hurt feelings but it is true. And no amount of socialist diarrhea is going to change that. Some overeducated, arrogant, self important, hippie liberal dick eater suggesting that he has all the answers is nauseatingly condescending. You can't save these people from themselves.
If you have nothing useful to contribute, your pointless personal attacks are unnecessarily distracting.
gravitycollapse is offline  
post #70 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:28 PM
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
Gun violence is a culture propagated primarily by young, black males. That may hurt feelings but it is true. And no amount of socialist diarrhea is going to change that. Some overeducated, arrogant, self important, hippie liberal dick eater suggesting that he has all the answers is nauseatingly condescending. You can't save these people from themselves.


SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline  
post #71 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Moderatorasfcvk
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 44,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
If you have nothing useful to contribute, your pointless personal attacks are unnecessarily distracting.
What makes you think it wasn't useful?

KMac is offline  
post #72 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Angry Misogynist
 
racindego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Glenside, Pa
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
If you have nothing useful to contribute, your pointless personal attacks are unnecessarily distracting.
What I contributed was useful. I was the first person to point out the relationship between young, black males and gun violence. You just ignored it. Probably because you don't want to admit that you nor Karl Marx can fix the problem.

"I totally understand O.J...I get it." ~ Hulk Hogan


racindego is offline  
post #73 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:36 PM
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,678
Or distracting? Doesn't distract me any.


SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline  
post #74 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
What I contributed was useful. I was the first person to point out the relationship between young, black males and gun violence. You just ignored it. Probably because you don't want to admit that you nor Carl Marx can fix the problem.
Let me ask you, why do you think black males are so much more likely to be incarcerated than white males?

What do you think is the fundamental reason behind that fact?
gravitycollapse is offline  
post #75 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Moderatorasfcvk
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 44,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
Let me ask you, why do you think black males are so much more likely to be incarcerated than white males?

What do you think is the fundamental reason behind that fact?
Oh lord, you are going to get hammered.

KMac is offline  
post #76 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Angry Misogynist
 
racindego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Glenside, Pa
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
Let me ask you, why do you think black males are so much more likely to be incarcerated than white males?

What do you think is the fundamental reason behind that fact?
Because they commit more crimes, retard.

"I totally understand O.J...I get it." ~ Hulk Hogan


racindego is offline  
post #77 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
Because they commit more crimes, retard.
Okay, good. Now we're getting somewhere.

Now, why do you think black males are more likely to commit crime than white males?
gravitycollapse is offline  
post #78 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Angry Misogynist
 
racindego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Glenside, Pa
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
Okay, good. Now we're getting somewhere.

Now, why do you think black males are more likely to commit crime than white males?
Just cut the shit and post your bs stat about how more blacks live below the poverty line.

Yawn. It's funny how much smarter you think you are then me, and how wrong you are.

"I totally understand O.J...I get it." ~ Hulk Hogan


racindego is offline  
post #79 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
Just cut the shit and post your bs stat about how more blacks live below the poverty line.

Yawn. It's funny how much smarter you think you are then me, and how wrong you are.
Please, just answer the question.

Why do you think black males are more likely to commit crime than white males?
gravitycollapse is offline  
post #80 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Angry Misogynist
 
racindego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Glenside, Pa
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
Please, just answer the question.

Why do you think black males are more likely to commit crime than white males?
Why don't you answer a question for me. Why is gun violence among poor black males so much higher then gun violence among poor white males?

"I totally understand O.J...I get it." ~ Hulk Hogan


racindego is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome