Secession petitions filed in 20 states - Page 2 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 05:29 AM
I eat my R1
 
blueyzfr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Parma, OH
Posts: 5,556
I think it's up to 27 states now


Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App
blueyzfr6 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 05:36 AM
I eat my R1
 
blueyzfr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Parma, OH
Posts: 5,556
Puerto Rico wants to become a state. They can take Ohio's spot lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App
blueyzfr6 is online now  
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Moderator Dictator
 
MANOWAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 10,761
For all the people in the states who want to secede this is my response.


Smell ya later!!



PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline  
post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 05:12 PM
................
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harrington Maine
Posts: 4,182
I would prefer a scenario where we split the country in half. The conservatives take one half. Liberals the other. The liberals can even choose the half they want. Then erect a massive border wall.

Within 6 months (maximum) the liberals would be trying to construct cannons to shoot themselves onto the conservative side. However they would be unable to erect such cannons.

The steel and lumber would not be available. The environmentalist would have made logging impossible and iron ore mining illegal as well. Aside from that the factories to process the raw materials would not be available anyway. With no republicans to run against the libs would no longer pander to unions for the campaign contributions. This would lead to a stand still in the labor force thus making production impossible. Not that it would matter. The factories would never make it to the construction phase with all the regulations to build that would be in place.

As a matter of fact very little would ever get accomplished. Without the hard working conservatives to tax to death there would be no welfare. Your not very energetic without food and how they going to eat without food stamps. What food they might have they would regulate to the point of insanity. Ever seen a 1 ounce coke? Bloomberg would have a blast. Its would be a epic disaster on the liberal side. No evil conservatives to tax. What would they do.

Need I even describe the scene on the other side of the wall?

Yet I dream....sigh

Last edited by lobsterhound; 11-14-2012 at 05:15 PM.
lobsterhound is offline  
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Moderator Dictator
 
MANOWAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 10,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterhound View Post
I would prefer a scenario where we split the country in half. The conservatives take one half. Liberals the other. The liberals can even choose the half they want. Then erect a massive border wall.

Within 6 months (maximum) the liberals would be trying to construct cannons to shoot themselves onto the conservative side. However they would be unable to erect such cannons.

The steel and lumber would not be available. The environmentalist would have made logging impossible and iron ore mining illegal as well. Aside from that the factories to process the raw materials would not be available anyway. With no republicans to run against the libs would no longer pander to unions for the campaign contributions. This would lead to a stand still in the labor force thus making production impossible. Not that it would matter. The factories would never make it to the construction phase with all the regulations to build that would be in place.

As a matter of fact very little would ever get accomplished. Without the hard working conservatives to tax to death there would be no welfare. Your not very energetic without food and how they going to eat without food stamps. What food they might have they would regulate to the point of insanity. Ever seen a 1 ounce coke? Bloomberg would have a blast. Its would be a epic disaster on the liberal side. No evil conservatives to tax. What would they do.

Need I even describe the scene on the other side of the wall?

Yet I dream....sigh
That's what I thought too. You're dreaming.



PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline  
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 05:30 PM
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,281
Read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. I'm about a third into it and it addresses this very same societal downfall. The people who are successful just stop working because they get penalized. Anyone showing the least amount of personal pride is subject to ridicule and sanctions. The book was written in the 50's so it's a little language outdated but refreshing to read. It's a biggin though, over 1000 pages, 7" by 10" with the smallest type you can imagine. She did a great job getting the point across of what socialism really does to a people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total dick.
Meister37 is offline  
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 05:46 PM
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,281
Quote:

"President Obama won [re-election in November, 2012] because he promised to steal more things from the people who didn't vote for him and give what he stole to the people who did vote for him, because that is what an election is, right? An advanced auction on the sale on stolen goods." - Peter Schiff
Hahaha. Over half our nation is mildly to severely retarded. This election was proof. At least my state is keeping it together. Conservative super majority, Filibuster proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total dick.
Meister37 is offline  
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
 
fjorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Da Northland. Yah.
Posts: 37,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Hahaha. Over half our nation is mildly to severely retarded. This election was proof. At least my state is keeping it together. Conservative super majority, Filibuster proof.
We're fvcked here in MN. Democrat controlled house, senate and Governor.

It was stated after Dayton won the first time that he wanted to raise taxes high enough that would put us higher than CA.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6861_1.gif
  • RIP to our fallen brothers. You will all be missed and remembered:
    • crazyclimbr - March 4, 2007
    • Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011
fjorn is offline  
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Moderator Dictator
 
MANOWAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 10,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. I'm about a third into it and it addresses this very same societal downfall. The people who are successful just stop working because they get penalized. Anyone showing the least amount of personal pride is subject to ridicule and sanctions. The book was written in the 50's so it's a little language outdated but refreshing to read. It's a biggin though, over 1000 pages, 7" by 10" with the smallest type you can imagine. She did a great job getting the point across of what socialism really does to a people.
I read that for English over 25 years ago. You do know it's fiction right?



PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline  
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 06:03 PM
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
I read that for English over 25 years ago. You do know it's fiction right?
Fiction that is beginning to look like reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total dick.
Meister37 is offline  
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Moderator Dictator
 
MANOWAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 10,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Fiction that is beginning to look like reality.
Do you think the Bible is fiction or non fiction?



PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline  
post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 06:16 PM
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
Do you think the Bible is fiction or non fiction?
Obviously both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total dick.
Meister37 is offline  
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 PM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Alvin, Texas
Posts: 628
Latest report is that people in all 50 states have filed petitions.
Chuckster is offline  
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 06:52 PM
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,281
When the confederate states filed, they couldn't legally do it. Why can they now? The only way to successfully leave the union is to overthrow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total dick.
Meister37 is offline  
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
 
fjorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Da Northland. Yah.
Posts: 37,589
They are petitions only. It's illegal for them to do it now.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6861_1.gif
  • RIP to our fallen brothers. You will all be missed and remembered:
    • crazyclimbr - March 4, 2007
    • Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011
fjorn is offline  
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Moderator Dictator
 
MANOWAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 10,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Obviously both.
So the parts you want to be true are non fiction and the parts you don't believe are fiction.



PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline  
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Moderator Dictator
 
MANOWAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 10,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
They are petitions only. It's illegal for them to do it now.
Now don't go throwing facts and logic on their outrage. Let them dream.



PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline  
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
 
fjorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Da Northland. Yah.
Posts: 37,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
Now don't go throwing facts and logic on their outrage. Let them dream.
Don't get me wrong. I think it was wrong for it to be made illegal for a state to leave the union. If the state wants to leave peacefully, it should be able to as that is a state's right. Just like many things, the Fed gov't has trampled on state's rights, as well as those of it's citizens where it shouldn't have.

But, fact of the matter is that it's illegal for a state to secede from the union and the only response the white house needs to give is that. If someone wants to move out of the country, they can do so. Friend of mine did years ago.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6861_1.gif
  • RIP to our fallen brothers. You will all be missed and remembered:
    • crazyclimbr - March 4, 2007
    • Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011
fjorn is offline  
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 PM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Alvin, Texas
Posts: 628
It'll be interesting how many signatures show up by the December 10 deadline.
Chuckster is offline  
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 PM
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
So the parts you want to be true are non fiction and the parts you don't believe are fiction.
I never said that, you did. The bible contradicts itself all over the place. It would be impossible for it to all be fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total dick.
Meister37 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome