Secession petitions filed in 20 states - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Secession petitions filed in 20 states

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...190210006.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Good way to put yourself on a(nother) government watch list signing something like that

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 PM
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Send a message via AIM to WarMachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
Good way to put yourself on a(nother) government watch list signing something like that

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Booya

Grandstanders. Happened in 2004 as well. Willing to bet it's happened at every election.

"Universe is 14 billion years old. Seems silly to celebrate one year. Be like having a fvcking parade every time I take a piss." -- ShitMyDadSays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Yeah it was head trauma alright....but it was my little head that was traumatized by your mouth.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Grandstanders. Happened in 2004 as well. Willing to bet it's happened at every election.
Article said it was pretty common

Quote:
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Moderatorasfcvk

That might as well be a ceremonial act of defiance at this point.

post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Born Again Patriot

Quote:
I was tempted to sign it for about 2 seconds before I thought the same thing.

SIG courtesy of Petrol Spice in care of InkedR1Pilot
Thanks Uncle P!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli #58 01/20/87 ~ 10/23/11
R.I.P Andre (Twistgrip)
Ride On Brothers...
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Another day above ground!

I sure hope California doesn't secede!!!
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 04:01 PM
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclyzm123 View Post
I sure hope California doesn't secede!!!
More likely to fall into the ocean. That fault line's been moving quite a bit recently.

Quote:
Kirk is a total dick.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
More likely to fall into the ocean. That fault line's been moving quite a bit recently.
Wouldn't miss it if it did

Quote:
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 04:26 PM
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Wouldn't miss it if it did
As long as Kate Beckinsale isn't there, I'm with ya.

Quote:
Kirk is a total dick.
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Living Life Like a Mad Man

What would any state stand to gain by seceding, also what do these states stand to lose by seceding. I am against this movement, but its interesting to see what people are saying on facebook. I have seen so many comments about moving to Canada how people want to be a different country than the US. I along with many of you guys spent years of my life defending this country just to see people on the inside of it tear it down. What has this country come to...... Rant Over

Sig by the great Uncle P
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTON05R1 View Post
What would any state stand to gain by seceding, also what do these states stand to lose by seceding. I am against this movement, but its interesting to see what people are saying on facebook. I have seen so many comments about moving to Canada how people want to be a different country than the US. I along with many of you guys spent years of my life defending this country just to see people on the inside of it tear it down. What has this country come to...... Rant Over
That would depend on how you view the country being torn down. Who is tearing it down? The working stiffs? The corporations? The govt? The people who want to stick to the founding principles of the country? The people who ignore the founding principles and just keep changing and changing because they believe all change is good? Who is it exactly that is "tearing it down"?

post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Living Life Like a Mad Man

fIm talking about people (the everyday man and women, the politician, the military man, any citizen) that are willing to make choices without fully understanding the consequences of their choices. Most people dont realize that to have freedom they will have to sacrifice something to get it. Im not just speaking of people that want to secede from the US, I personally dont think that will every go through, I am just speaking in general.

Sig by the great Uncle P

Last edited by ALTON05R1; 11-12-2012 at 06:26 PM.
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 06:40 PM
damn turkeys

Send a message via AIM to rorytsm Send a message via Yahoo to rorytsm
a dude on my facebook posted this. some old liberal cunt chimed in saying secession is the most ridiculous idea ever. " I cannot believe any Americans could be that foolish. What do they want to be? The confederate states of the seriously stupid? Jeez" she's convinced the way to make a difference is to get into politics

Join Phantom Squadron
PDB and loving it! whoo hoo!
04 R1 - sunbeam yellow w/custom decals
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?

States can no longer secede from the nation. Option was removed after Civil War.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6861_1.gif
  • RIP to our fallen brothers. You will all be missed and remembered:
    • crazyclimbr - March 4, 2007
    • Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 PM
The Lead Farmer

H.L Mencken 1925

Dude had it pegged back then. The liberal agenda has no reason or logic to back itself. It's all feelings of hatred, envy and moral superiority.

Quote:
* Liberty and democracy are eternal enemies, and every one knows it who has ever given any sober reflection to the matter. A democratic state may profess to venerate the name, and even pass laws making it officially sacred, but it simply cannot tolerate the thing. In order to keep any coherence in the governmental process, to prevent the wildest anarchy in thought and act, the government must put limits upon the free play of opinion. In part, it can reach that end by mere propaganda, by the bald force of its authority — that is, by making certain doctrines officially infamous. But in part it must resort to force, i.e., to law. One of the main purposes of laws in a democratic society is to put burdens upon intelligence and reduce it to impotence. Ostensibly, their aim is to penalize anti-social acts; actually their aim is to penalize heretical opinions. At least ninety-five Americans out of every 100 believe that this process is honest and even laudable; it is practically impossible to convince them that there is anything evil in it. In other words, they cannot grasp the concept of liberty. Always they condition it with the doctrine that the state, i.e., the majority, has a sort of right of eminent domain in acts, and even in ideas — that it is perfectly free, whenever it is so disposed, to forbid a man to say what he honestly believes. Whenever his notions show signs of becoming "dangerous," ie, of being heard and attended to, it exercises that prerogative. And the overwhelming majority of citizens believe in supporting it in the outrage. Including especially the Liberals, who pretend — and often quite honestly believe — that they are hot for liberty. They never really are. Deep down in their hearts they know, as good democrats, that liberty would be fatal to democracy — that a government based upon shifting and irrational opinion must keep it within bounds or run a constant risk of disaster. They themselves, as a practical matter, advocate only certain narrow kinds of liberty — liberty, that is, for the persons they happen to favor. The rights of other persons do not seem to interest them. If a law were passed tomorrow taking away the property of a large group of presumably well-to-do persons — say, bondholders of the railroads — without compensation and without even colorable reason, they would not oppose it; they would be in favor of it. The liberty to have and hold property is not one they recognize. They believe only in the liberty to envy, hate and loot the man who has it.

Quote:
Kirk is a total dick.
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Herro!

Quote:
The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing.
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 PM
arrivederci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
H.L Mencken 1925

Dude had it pegged back then. The liberal agenda has no reason or logic to back itself. It's all feelings of hatred, envy and moral superiority.
that's funny. this excerpt pegs conservatives between the eyes.

"They themselves, as a practical matter, advocate only certain narrow kinds of liberty liberty, that is, for the persons they happen to favor."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSDQ View Post
I would prefer face-to-face discussions with a surplus of Belgian beer, and have chosen self-restraint over posting "I AGREE WITH ME" again and again.
you only funky as your last cut.

"the light has gone out of my life" --Roosevelt
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 04:34 AM
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocalotopus View Post
that's funny. this excerpt pegs conservatives between the eyes.

"They themselves, as a practical matter, advocate only certain narrow kinds of liberty liberty, that is, for the persons they happen to favor."
Not true conservatives, just republicans. The two are not the same.

Quote:
Kirk is a total dick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode