Combat City USA - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
 
WarMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pflugerville, TEXAS
Posts: 22,004
Send a message via AIM to WarMachine
Combat City USA

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Orl...z/-/index.html

How long before it gets turned into a game?


GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL


"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:00 AM
I am the vanilla gorilla!
 
rexmitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The ATX
Posts: 17,673
I saw this earlier. Good concept but someone will fvck up and shoot someone with a live round eventually I can't imagine what that guys insurance runs doing some shit like that



You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
rexmitchell is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Booya
 
Sabian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Middle of the savannah river
Posts: 34,455
Got to be a lawyer parked in his lot just waiting for someone to sue...

"Universe is 14 billion years old. Seems silly to celebrate one year. Be like having a fvcking parade every time I take a piss." -- ShitMyDadSays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Yeah it was head trauma alright....but it was my little head that was traumatized by your mouth.
Sabian is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:06 AM
I eat my R1
 
Garrett04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 220
Meh, I don't see what the big deal..they are just turning a regular rifle and pistol into a glorified airsoft weapon.

As far as someone getting shot..I believe you are just as likely to get shot at the range than someone making a mistake here. You always get the people that just dont pay attention and have no concept of weapon safety.
Garrett04 is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 AM
I am the vanilla gorilla!
 
rexmitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The ATX
Posts: 17,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett04 View Post
Meh, I don't see what the big deal..they are just turning a regular rifle and pistol into a glorified airsoft weapon.

As far as someone getting shot..I believe you are just as likely to get shot at the range than someone making a mistake here. You always get the people that just dont pay attention and have no concept of weapon safety.
Agreed, but if someone has an accidental discharge at the range, chances are it won't be pointed at my head



You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
rexmitchell is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:13 AM
I eat my R1
 
Garrett04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
Agreed, but if someone has an accidental discharge at the range, chances are it won't be pointed at my head
Unless you have those guys that just have to play with their weapons as you head down range to change your targets...then who knows where its pointed.
Garrett04 is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:14 AM
I am the vanilla gorilla!
 
rexmitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The ATX
Posts: 17,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett04 View Post
Unless you have those guys that just have to play with their weapons as you head down range to change your targets...then who knows where its pointed.
We have electric tracks that bring the targets to and from us luckily, no walking down range, ever.



You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
rexmitchell is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 AM
I eat my R1
 
Garrett04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
We have electric tracks that bring the targets to and from us luckily, no walking down range, ever.
Yea most indoor ranges do, but for the outdoor ranges I don't know many that do.

As a side note, if people really want to know what its like to be shot at..join the military. You get a free ticket to go find out.
Garrett04 is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 AM
I am the vanilla gorilla!
 
rexmitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The ATX
Posts: 17,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett04 View Post
Yea most indoor ranges do, but for the outdoor ranges I don't know many that do.

As a side note, if people really want to know what its like to be shot at..join the military. You get a free ticket to go find out.
Very true



You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
rexmitchell is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 AM
I eat my R1
 
TheBigO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Worth TX
Posts: 7,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
We have electric tracks that bring the targets to and from us luckily, no walking down range, ever.
the range i've gone too you have to walk down range to setup/get your targets. But before anyone i mean anyone can go down range everyone that does not go down range has to unload and remove the magazine from the weapon and stand behind a line. the range employees make a walk though to make sure all guns are on the table and every one behind the line then they give the ok to go get the targets.
TheBigO is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:23 AM
I eat my R1
 
Garrett04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigO View Post
the range i've gone too you have to walk down range to setup/get your targets. But before anyone i mean anyone can go down range everyone that does not go down range has to unload and remove the magazine from the weapon and stand behind a line. the range employees make a walk though to make sure all guns are on the table and every one behind the line then they give the ok to go get the targets.
Yea that's how its supposed to work. But have you ever been to the small gun ranges, where they rely on the members to do that job, and don't have a Range Safety Officer strolling around. Then you get a few special people on the firing line, who don't know what it means to clear their weapon and don't touch until everyone is back behind the line and it is determined to be hot again.
Garrett04 is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Moderatorasfcvk
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 44,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett04 View Post
Then you get a few special people on the firing line, who don't know what it means to clear their weapon and don't touch until everyone is back behind the line and it is determined to be hot again.
I live in a state that is full of those special people. Hell, we have dumbasses handling weapons, swinging them around, holding them up to look thru the scope, etc... that are BEHIND the firing line, and don't think a thing about it. And if you say anything to them they get shitty that you've offended them because they "know what they're doing".

And then we have the dipsheots who go over to the shotgun/clay target field, where they let you throw your own pigeons and shoot them because they don't need nearly the backstop the rifle/pistol ranges need, and try to shoot clays with a .22 rifle.

KMac is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
 
WarMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pflugerville, TEXAS
Posts: 22,004
Send a message via AIM to WarMachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
I live in a state that is full of those special people. Hell, we have dumbasses handling weapons, swinging them around, holding them up to look thru the scope, etc... that are BEHIND the firing line, and don't think a thing about it. And if you say anything to them they get shitty that you've offended them because they "know what they're doing".

And then we have the dipsheots who go over to the shotgun/clay target field, where they let you throw your own pigeons and shoot them because they don't need nearly the backstop the rifle/pistol ranges need, and try to shoot clays with a .22 rifle.


GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL


"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Another day above ground!
 
cataclyzm123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 818
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
I live in a state that is full of those special people. Hell, we have dumbasses handling weapons, swinging them around, holding them up to look thru the scope, etc... that are BEHIND the firing line, and don't think a thing about it. And if you say anything to them they get shitty that you've offended them because they "know what they're doing".

And then we have the dipsheots who go over to the shotgun/clay target field, where they let you throw your own pigeons and shoot them because they don't need nearly the backstop the rifle/pistol ranges need, and try to shoot clays with a .22 rifle.
Shooting clays with a 22 is just lame. Cherry tomatoes are another story!
cataclyzm123 is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
 
WarMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pflugerville, TEXAS
Posts: 22,004
Send a message via AIM to WarMachine
The thing that bothers me most from the video is that no one used any cover. Everybody was right out in the open like real warfare is supposed to be run and gun. The object should be DON'T GET SHOT . Am I the only one that saw that?


GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL


"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Another day above ground!
 
cataclyzm123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 818
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
The thing that bothers me most from the video is that no one used any cover. Everybody was right out in the open like real warfare is supposed to be run and gun. The object should be DON'T GET SHOT . Am I the only one that saw that?
But I thought camping was for noobs!!!
cataclyzm123 is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
 
WarMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pflugerville, TEXAS
Posts: 22,004
Send a message via AIM to WarMachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclyzm123 View Post
But I thought camping was for noobs!!!
Even in games I fire from cover or on the move

Sent from my Rooted S3 fool


GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL


"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome