raw diet dog question - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
damn turkeys

Send a message via AIM to rorytsm Send a message via Yahoo to rorytsm
raw diet dog question

what do you guys that do the raw diet use to put the food in? i've just started introducing him to chicken leg quarters (cleaved in half) and it takes him about 45 minutes to eat them since his big teeth are just starting to come in. the problem is that he'll eat it in like 5 different spots so i follow him around with disinfectant spray and a towel until he's done. i resorted to feeding him outside, but with the cold coming on, he doesn't like staying out long enough to finish a full leg quarter (2 pieces). he won't keep the damn things in his oversized bowl to eat them so i'm just seeing what other people are doing or what you would suggest. i'm keeping him on his puppy food, solid gold's hunchen flocken and just augmenting with a leg quarter every day for now. (5.5 months old)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 08:49 PM
ROWDY

You could grind it. Would make it easier for him to keep up with. They tend to be messy eaters

ROWDY
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
damn turkeys

Send a message via AIM to rorytsm Send a message via Yahoo to rorytsm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
You could grind it. Would make it easier for him to keep up with. They tend to be messy eaters
don't have a grinder and don't want to spend the money on one tbh
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 11:28 PM
I eat my R1

Chicken bones are bad for dogs, the splinter especially if you chop/cleaver them and get stuck in the dogs throat
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 04:50 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupraR1 View Post
Chicken bones are bad for dogs, the splinter especially if you chop/cleaver them and get stuck in the dogs throat
That's true only if they're cooked. Raw chicken bones are perfectly fine.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Banned

i feed my dogs raw chicken all the time but honestly dont really have any problem. throw them a leg and its gone in a couple snaps

if you have a cleaver you could chop it into smaller pieces
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

Every time we have wings I cut off the wing tips and save them in a baggie, then give them to the hound 2 or 3 at a time for a snack. She loves them. And when we bake a whole chicken, she gets all the liver, heart, gizzard and neck. She'll tear your leg off for that neck. I tease her with it and she can't stand it......she'll jump, circle around, bark, whine, sit down and look at me with her head cocked over and her ears up with that WTF look on her face.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Banned

whenever i grill a whole chicken i boil the leftover bones and make a chicken bit type gravy to pour over their dry food as a treat. during the whole process theyre laying in the kitchen drooling and whimpering
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

A guy at work trapped 2 coons this week and skinned them. Had I been prepared, I would have gotten the meat and processed it up for the dog.

He's gonna trap more, though. We're talking about making his wife a pair of redneck leg warmers with the coon tail at the top/back of the leg warmer, and the coon face at the bottom as a flap covering the top of her foot. This will be worth a million laughs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode