A Different Kind of Thanks - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

A Different Kind of Thanks

So here we are. Thanksgiving week and taking time to slow down and reflect on things we have to be thankful for: Our Freedom, the people, places and things is our lives, etc.

What is something a bit out of the ordinary that you are thankful for? Not just your bike, your job, your girl, or your X-Box.... But, something really special or different.

HardRacing.com - 704-799-2192
OHLINS_Premier_Dealer_Great_Prices, Tech_Support, Full_Staff_of_Sales Reps, Fast_Shipping, Large_Inventory and Excellent_Customer_service.
Become a FAN INSTAGRAM &
FACEBOOK And get Exclusive SMOKIN' Deals....
Celebrating our 16th year in business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 AM
I eat my R1

I wasn't going to post about this. But a month ago yesterday a close friend of mine died while she was recovering from minor surgery at my house. She was only twenty. It's been the hardest thing I've ever been through and I've been through a lot of things in my life. I'm just so thankful that I got to be close to her and we got to share our time together for the time we had. Her name was Amber.

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-20-2012 at 09:07 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Haciendo el trabajo de Dios

Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin R1
I'm thankful for the courage of the men I served with and the strength of the families of those who didn't come home alive or intact.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
I wasn't going to post about this. But a month ago yesterday a close friend of mine died while she was recovering from minor surgery at my house. She was only twenty. It's been the hardest thing I've ever been through and I've been through a lot of things in my life. I'm just so thankful that I got to be close to her and we got to share our time together for the time we had. Her name was Amber.

Very sorry to hear that.

But, nice of you to share it.

HardRacing.com - 704-799-2192
OHLINS_Premier_Dealer_Great_Prices, Tech_Support, Full_Staff_of_Sales Reps, Fast_Shipping, Large_Inventory and Excellent_Customer_service.
Become a FAN INSTAGRAM &
FACEBOOK And get Exclusive SMOKIN' Deals....
Celebrating our 16th year in business.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 12:07 PM
ROWDY

I think about all the things that has happened in my life the last decade, And the optimism for the future is not there anymore! So I would just have to say I woke up and am breathing still.

ROWDY
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
Sorry for your loss friend
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Venom X/O

I'm thankful for all the times my tires have totally forgave my retarded mistakes this year, and kept my shiny side up.

I'm also thankful for the morons on the road that almost killed me. If it wasn't for them I'd still be squidding around Florida instead of being at the track now.

Also thankful for everyone at Irish racing this year at the forum event. You guys are really a cut above the rest.

Finally, and most important:

Im extremely thankful for Uncle P, Knackers, Ben, and SS for keeping the VIP section vibrant and full of life.

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 05:49 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRacing View Post

Very sorry to hear that.

But, nice of you to share it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterhound View Post
Sorry for your loss friend
I really appreciate that fellas. She was a very special person indeed. Definitely missed by me every day.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Another day above ground!

I am grateful for the ability to be grateful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode