help from all the camera guru's - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R1
help from all the camera guru's

Well yesterday adorama had what i would say most likely a glitch or by mistake price posted on there website for a canon eos rebel T4i digital slr camera kit with canon ef-5 18-55mm lens package and canon ef-s 55-250mm lens aswell all for $600. So i decided to pull the trigger and purchase it, But the only camera i've ever used is my iphone camera, im not too shabby when it comes to technology. I was wondering how do you guys take all these super nice shots? Is this camera capable of doing that? I watched a few reviews on it but none really talk about the settings in order to capture such images.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM

This body is plenty capable of taking some nice shots, but it's not the camera, it's the user. Start reading as much as you can about digital photography. It's the best way to learn, and USE THE CAMERA as much as possible. There's nothing like hands on experience.

MRA #825

RIP to my riding brothers...
Andre (Twistgrip)
Pierre (DieYoung69)

Gene #502
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
That Venom Swag Guy
Along with knowing your camera it's really about the lenses you use and post editing. I am a professional photographer and have been for some time and shoot a lot of weddings and studio shots along with family and children. I had a rebel on of the originals and once I went to school for it and learnt more about photography I could take just as good photos with it as I could with my 5d I also have a 5d mk2 and a 7d and looking for another one. But if you want nice shots spend the money on nice lens. Fixed aperture lens are the best. A little secret(always shoot raw) and process in lightroom. Anyway good luck and read the manual, learn your camera inside and out

Sent from my iPhone using Free App

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
I eat my R1
there are a couple of websites and videos on youtube to help you get started. Jared Polin has some youtube videos. He's a little out there but very informational to anyone wanting to start out. Fro Knows Photo (ill let you guess the meaning of the name) is his username on youtube, check him out.

2008 "Raven" - Mostly stock: -1, gutted cat, SS brake lines, flash tuned, and fast as hell
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode