The Bike Trailer, Transportation & Equipment Thread - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Race / Track Day Transportation Truck, trailer, toy hauler etc. information center.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
A guardrail ate my right leg..

The Bike Trailer, Transportation & Equipment Thread

I just went through 10 pages of threads and didn't see anything all too relative so I wanted to create a thread that would be of some importance to those of us that have to or prefer to haul our bikes to a good riding spot or a trackday. We have plenty of members here that could chime in with pictures and information on what they use or what they've seen others use such as actual transportation methods and/or the equipment that is used at these events such as tire changers/balancers, storage, tool box assortments, restraints, etc... I'm looking to sell my car hauler and buy a more useful and smaller enclosed trailer to start doing trackdays next year and want to get an early start on it this year if possible. What say you?

Btw, I didn't know where to place this thread so mods feel free to move to the appropriate section if you must.

Chris, R1-016 VENOM Squadron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^^^ That's what she used to look like before I downed her...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
^^^
'07 R1 Charcoal Gray

Fair Weather Fan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:56 PM
I eat my R1

Here is how it's done

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1376873739.903717.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	497019

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #3 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Citius, Altius, Fortius

Send a message via AIM to Olymp!A
I agree.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTomKx View Post
Here is how it's done

Attachment 497019

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1221.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	497028  

RIP Chad "GAwarrior" Clifton 25 June, 2008

post #4 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 09:35 PM
I eat my R1

Pic from last year headed to a track day before I picked up a cbr600rr... we towed both behind a ram not that brute!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1376883278067.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	497029  
post #5 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Ok so does anyone have the hookup on a friend or acquaintance that might build enclosed trailers? There are tons of dealers around me, but I know they're getting them wholesale from a manufacturer and having their own brand put on them while driving about a 40% markup. I'm trying to avoid that.

^^^
'07 R1 Charcoal Gray

Fair Weather Fan
post #6 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 10:02 PM
O Rly? O.O

Me and a buddy have talked about using a small horse trailer to load up bikes/tools. Which if you think about it, would probably be cheaper than buying a new/used enclosed trailer. You could find a used horse trailer on craigslist for cheap and with a little fab work could have a nice little track trailer.

From what I have seen a two horse trailer can fit 2 bikes comfortably. Just a thought. Good luck with your search though buddy!

Last edited by nicholasv00; 08-18-2013 at 10:23 PM.
post #7 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

I've actually thought of that quite a bit. Pretty much everything depends on how much I can get out of my car hauler.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

^^^
'07 R1 Charcoal Gray

Fair Weather Fan
post #8 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 10:39 PM
*Insert Witty Phrase Here*

Garage
It all depends on what you want to accomplish. Around here, I can get my hands on darn near new 8x12 enclosed trailers for about $2500. That should do everything you want it to do and some.

SAVE A HORSE, RIDE A CROSSPLANE

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON

post #9 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 02:42 AM
I'm the happy go lucky mod!

Garage
By far the best piece of equipment for trailering a bike is the Pit-Bull Trailer Restraint System!

http://www.pit-bull.com/mm5/merchant...ler_restraints

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pittbull trailer restraint.jpg
Views:	1278
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	497036  

sig pic courtesy of THE GODFATHER!

Greenstreak quote from Barber... "Woah... I have a log in my ass!"

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
TEAM: SO SCARED NO LEAN

Godspeed to my fallen brothers - elviswarrior, Gawarrior, Vman1300

Last edited by Kevap; 08-19-2013 at 02:45 AM.
post #10 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 02:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Rider31 View Post
Ok so does anyone have the hookup on a friend or acquaintance that might build enclosed trailers? There are tons of dealers around me, but I know they're getting them wholesale from a manufacturer and having their own brand put on them while driving about a 40% markup. I'm trying to avoid that.
If you find someone who can do this... I'm in as well.

post #11 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 04:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexxx View Post
It all depends on what you want to accomplish. Around here, I can get my hands on darn near new 8x12 enclosed trailers for about $2500. That should do everything you want it to do and some.
I was looking at some 6x12 V-nose units but I could use the extra width too lol. Good to know.

^^^
'07 R1 Charcoal Gray

Fair Weather Fan
post #12 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:39 AM
My other bike is your sister

Old school way I trailered to the track (need some pics of the new school).....6x12 open trailer fits street R1, track R1, TTR pit bike and generator, stands, etc. with no problem (and room for more).

for sport, sport touring and dual sport rides in NY, NJ, PA and CT

NESBA #777
post #13 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 04:27 PM
0ff to the Track

3 bikes . 7x 12 open trailer
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	trailer.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	376.6 KB
ID:	497082  
post #14 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:21 PM
R1 Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevap View Post
If you find someone who can do this... I'm in as well.
I bought my enclosed trailer straight from the factory. i had to drive to GA to pick it up. Delivery was a bit pricey if I didn't.

Legal saw it this weekend.

Hey Greenstreak, it's z064life lazy ass

Phantom Squadron XO -
post #15 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
I bought my enclosed trailer straight from the factory. i had to drive to GA to pick it up. Delivery was a bit pricey if I didn't.

More info please... I'm right next door to Georgia.

^^^
'07 R1 Charcoal Gray

Fair Weather Fan
post #16 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:36 PM
R1 Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Rider31 View Post
More info please... I'm right next door to Georgia.

Arising industries

sales@arisingindustries.com

I wanted a full 4' vnose and room on front for a generator. They were the only ones that would build that. And it was less than the same size locally by quite a bit. I paid right a 5k..16x8.5 with 4'v making it 20' and another 30" from tip to jack.

Insulated and finished walls. Jason and I did the electric and ceiling.

Hey Greenstreak, it's z064life lazy ass

Phantom Squadron XO -
post #17 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM
I am anger under pressure

Quote:
Arising industries

I wanted a full 4' vnose and room on front for a generator. They were the only ones that would build that. And it was less than the same size locally by quite a bit. I paid right a 5k..16x8.5 with 4'v making it 20' and another 30" from tip to jack.

Does it have the rear door that's a ramp also with a lowering assist?

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
post #18 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 07:23 PM

Garage
Quote:

I saw it too!

But I'm not looking for something that big. Plus the Charger wouldn't be able to pull it. I'm looking for a small lightweight enclosed trailer like 5' x 8'.

post #19 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 07:28 PM
I am anger under pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevap View Post
I saw it too!

But I'm not looking for something that big. Plus the Charger wouldn't be able to pull it. I'm looking for a small lightweight enclosed trailer like 5' x 8'.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/5x8-enclosed-trailer

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
post #20 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Arising industries

That's who makes one of the ones I was looking at actually, only through a dealer instead of direct.

^^^
'07 R1 Charcoal Gray

Fair Weather Fan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode