Carbon Fiber Look Clutch and Brake Lever Review... - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Appearance Windshields / Body Work / Turn Signals / Fender Eliminators, Sticker sets etc etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Carbon Fiber Look Clutch and Brake Lever Review...

I recently purchased the LP carbon fiber look clutch and brake lever set. These levers look really good, however, I found a flaw in the brake lever yesterday. The spring in it appears to kinda weak, and when you pull in the brake lever, it doesn't return to the original position, therefore, the brake light remains on until you manually push the brake lever forward.
It may not be a big deal to some people, but it irritated the hell out of me when I noticed it last night.
Has anyone else with similar levers noticed this problem, or did I get a bad lever?

Last edited by R1Fanatic; 05-08-2003 at 01:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 12:34 PM
My R1 eats me.
Send a message via Yahoo to digdis
ihad the same problem. The hole in the clutch lever was drilled at an angle and wouldn't fit right either. I had to really mess with it to get it to work. As for the break lever - I glued a little piece (1/8 " thick) of metal to the portion of the lever that pushes the stoplight relay on and off. Works fine now.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
i just noticed mine doing that last night also. at first i thought it had something to do with my taillight kit but then after playing around a little bit i figured it out. i'm not sure what brand they are but i ordered them from mccoy motorsports, i have yet to try and devise a way to take care of the problem.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 12:42 AM
no offense, but did you grease the bearings? I installed the same levers less than a week ago and had the same problems with both. took them off and put a generous amount of grease on the screws that hold the levers - work great now... also, both nuts are locking and dont need to be torqued. it is possible to over tighten them and bind the levers slightly
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode