Does the R1 seem to be struggling? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

Does the R1 seem to be struggling?

is it just me or did anyone else think the R1 would be having a better showing than it is? it seems like every race there is 1 breaking down, several being crashed. jake gagne's team had to forfeit coming to barber because of bike issues they can't seem to sort out.

yikes.
Announcement regarding partcipation at Barber Motorsports Park

we have race 1 cam over shoots turn 1, eslick retiring? taylor knapp crashes the westby bike.
http://www.motoamerica.com/video-bar...one-highlights
the Suzuki double headers for the first time in how long?

seems like the R1 has been on the ground more than it has been upright lol

Last edited by yamaharandy; 06-14-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 02:33 PM
I eat my R1

Hey buddy lol.my opinion I've noticed from riding is the chassi it just doesn't give a confident feel when running a fast pace gonna take time for them to sort out there doing horrible in wsbk it can qualify good and run a fast pace but as the laps go up and tires fade it just like rider confidence and feel goes down
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 02:35 PM
I eat my R1

I think it's the brakes.joking!!! Joking!!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

I was expecting more of it considering how easy josh brookes cleaned house last year on it in BSB.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:00 PM
I eat my R1

I'm gonna go out on limb here but il just say it no disrespect to him he is a legendary superb ride but I think having Rossi play a big role in developing this bike was a mistake on yamahas part a Superbike and moto gp bike are night and day difference a gp bike is a high precision machine with Alota technology in everything tires engine chassis suspension everything and is more about managing the bike and mostly let the technology do what's it's designed to do.a Superbike is totally different it is about the rider being able to get the bike to do what you want it to do and that requires a certain feel from the bike and I do think the new r1 is lacking that almost like they tried to make a hybrid.they should have built and developed that bike on the sbk level with Superbike riders just as Kawasaki has done that bike is something I bought my r1 because of the look color and that mother f****ing sound!!! But I've rode the new zx10 and if I was a full out track guy or racer it would hands down be my choice I don't regret my r1 a bit I love it and would buy it again over the Kawi just for racing it's a better platform teams running the new r1 have their work cut out for them or they just haven't found the right rider for it idk maybe they should put Rossi in wsbk next year all I know is Yamaha has to step in help these teams or sales are gonna go down Honda did this with the last cbr10000rr it never got it done on the track at the top level.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:16 PM
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharandy View Post
I was expecting more of it considering how easy josh brookes cleaned house last year on it in BSB.
IMO better riders/stiffer competition in WSBK and other teams have more development time on their bike vs the relatively new R1. The new R1 is a much bigger departure from it predecessor vs other brand models like the ZX10R and S1000rr.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 04:09 PM
Crossed Up

Look how long it took for the Panigale to get sorted in WSBK.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 04:12 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post
Look how long it took for the Panigale to get sorted in WSBK.
True.hell of a rider they got on their too
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 04:37 PM
I eat my R1

I assure you the BSB spec R1 is not the same bike any of these other guys are using.

They (MotoAmerica and WSBK teams) aren't just going to Milwaukee (BMW, now) and saying, "hey you know those bikes you used to win the championship last year? Can we have them? You know, to compete against you this year?"

Each of the teams are taking a plain jane R1, and then building a race-spec bike from it. They might get some help from the factory regarding setup or what have you, but as far as making the bikes fit each race series technical regulations, they are all different bikes.

Nobody at Crescent Yamaha thought they'd be winning races, but they expected better results, I'm sure. But between Lowes and Guintoli (and Beaubier) crashing all the time, they're not getting a lot of data to work with.

Towards the end of this season, or start of next season, they'll have something to work with I think.

Beaubier and Hayes are 1 and 2 in the series standings, I wouldn't say the bike they're riding is a piece of junk?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 07:18 PM
I eat my R1

Defenetly not junk lol.ahhh!!!! The tough times of bike development so much fun
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

was reading a facebook article about the R1 mentioning a lot of private teams are struggling with the electronics. it kicks in and upsets the suspension when being ridden really hard. (no pro race teams like graves etc) because they all use magneti marelli etc.
but guys running stock electronics.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Crossed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharandy View Post
was reading a facebook article about the R1 mentioning a lot of private teams are struggling with the electronics. it kicks in and upsets the suspension when being ridden really hard. (no pro race teams like graves etc) because they all use magneti marelli etc.
but guys running stock electronics.
I was actually thinking about that as well because I've been noticing how many guys have been highsiding their sh*t to the F'n moon on the new R1.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 10:16 AM
I eat my R1

I dunno about novices/intermediate riders, but I just read a Cycle World article in the latest issue and they were super complimentary about the R1 and its electronics (which was their top choice out of the new ZX10, panigale 959, RSV4 RR) on the track.

Lucas Mahias won on the R1 at Misano last weekend (due to some retarded riding at the front by the leaders, mostly, but still) in Stock 1000. He had never ridden Assen previously, and was 4 seconds behind in 3rd prior to the crash at the front. May not sound that impressive, but the bike can definitely be ridden quick with stock electronics (99% certain Stk1000 rides with factory ECU, but I'm too lazy to check FIM technical rules atm).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode