Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FS: CF Devil Exhaust for 02-03 R1

6K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  pjb84 
#1 ·
Price: $350 FREE SHIPPING
I'll deduct $30 from this price if you send me your stock 02-03 mid pipe. I need the peice that is in between the exup and the stock exhaust can.

Up for sale is my high mount carbon fiber devil exhaust (SB2 Racer). This is by far the best sounding exhaust for the 02-03's in my opinion. Exhaust is in perfect condition. Bike has never been down and pipe has never been scratched in any way. Looks new and sound nasty! These go for $550 brand new: http://www.devilbikes.com/exhaust_part.php?vars=WWFtYWhhJllaRiBSMQ==

Comes with all brackets and hardware to keep you passenger pegs. Just bolt on and go. Here is a soundclip I took a few weeks ago.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SZIcY7-6h2k

Any questions PM me.
Payment by paypal. Shipping will be with UPS.

See less See more
#3 ·
any particular reason for selling?

#4 ·
I am wanting to go with something different...Dont get me wrong. I've had this on my R1 for 2 yrs and this is by far the best exhaust I have ever owned on a motorcycle. I'm just looking to mix things up a bit..the same reason Im selling my chrome rims.

My new exhaust will be my version of the stealth exhaust....a slashcut straight pipe with a removable baffle.

#8 ·
You still have the devil slip on?

I'm in California, have a stock pipe, If I send you my mid pipe (I assume that's the can too?) will your pipe complete the new setup? Also, are you gonna start making shortie exhausts, not too friggin loud, for an 03? thanks Mike

#15 ·
I'm in California, have a stock pipe, If I send you my mid pipe (I assume that's the can too?) will your pipe complete the new setup? Also, are you gonna start making shortie exhausts, not too friggin loud, for an 03? thanks Mike
I already have a stock mid pipe now. I just bought one yesterday.
Yes this exhaust I am selling will complete the stock setup. It will replace the stock exhaust from the exup back.

Yes, I will make the shorties if I get some interest from ppl on here. Ill post pics and vids when Im done with mine this week sometime.

Hi
Still available?
is it a slip on?
the heading on youtube reads "2002 2003 Yamaha R1 Exhaust Sound Devil Full Exhaust
Are all hardware and instructions included?
Yes it is still available. This is a half system. I have headers on my R1 but I am not selling them. You will get everything needed to install this exhaust on your bike...
Carbon Fiber Canister
High Mount Mid Pipe
Passenger Right Side Peg relocation brackets
Springs
Exhaust Clamp
All brackets and hangers
All bolts, screws etc..

From the picture it looks like the rear peg is relocated slightly forward and out farther from the side of the bike than stock. Is that what I'm seeing? Does the peg on the other side get moved too? I've got a long legged passenger and an undertail hotbodies exhaust that has been burning her ass...i've been trying to figure out how to move the pegs down and out and this could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Yes you are correct. Right side gets relocated outwards and slightly downward. Left side stays the same. My gf notices no difference in the offset of the right side peg.

Yes, with the Devil highmount slip-on for the 02-03 R1 the muffler side (brake side) passenger foot peg is slightly moved about 2-3 inches foward/down and about 1.5-2 inches outward. However the other side (clutch side) passenger footpeg is not modified in anyway shape or form with this exhaust.

The bracket/hardware that moves the footpeg to your desired location is manufactured by Devil and it comes with this slip-on system from the factory. I'm sure you could order the hardware seperately and throw it on both footpegs. From personal experience with this exhaust I noticed that the bracket is interchangeable with either side.
^^What he said :lol

Cool! Hit me up when you get back PJB!!
Im back! Just got back from vacation. Ive got a few PM from a few ppl so if your still interested let me know!

#12 ·
From the picture it looks like the rear peg is relocated slightly forward and out farther from the side of the bike than stock. Is that what I'm seeing? Does the peg on the other side get moved too? I've got a long legged passenger and an undertail hotbodies exhaust that has been burning her ass...i've been trying to figure out how to move the pegs down and out and this could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

#13 ·
Yes, with the Devil highmount slip-on for the 02-03 R1 the muffler side (brake side) passenger foot peg is slightly moved about 2-3 inches foward/down and about 1.5-2 inches outward. However the other side (clutch side) passenger footpeg is not modified in anyway shape or form with this exhaust.

The bracket/hardware that moves the footpeg to your desired location is manufactured by Devil and it comes with this slip-on system from the factory. I'm sure you could order the hardware seperately and throw it on both footpegs. From personal experience with this exhaust I noticed that the bracket is interchangeable with either side.

#16 · (Edited)
Exhaust Sold! Wow, there was a lot of interest in this pipe....I got payments from 3 people within the past 1/2 hour. The first one will get the exhaust and the others will get a full refund.

#17 · (Edited)
keep us all posted on the shorty exhaust. if you decide to sell these I would be interested (dependent on price of course)

The MCM one is $250+ shipping:eek: which is a little much for a car exhaust tip w/ a glasspack and a clamp IMO

Congrats on gettin your pipe sold:thumbup

#20 ·
keep us all posted on the shorty exhaust. if you decide to sell these I would be interested (dependent on price of course)

The MCM one is $250+ shipping:eek: which is a little much for a car exhaust tip w/ a glasspack and a clamp IMO

Congrats on gettin your pipe sold:thumbup
Here is the shorty exhaust I made if your interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuVVn_F_Wkg

#21 ·
installed!

got the "devil" exhaust on Friday from pjb84 and installed it right away.
The sound is so awesome that I couldnt get enough of it.......I took the bike out 4 times that day! I dont think if I post a sound clip it will do it justice, it sounds so much better in person!

Installation was a breeze (20 min). I had to use the stock gasket I pulled out of the stock exhaust.... (that took about 10 min and I didnt do a good job, but its fine....no leaks).
I noticed a neglegible difference in the power curve (less jumpy on the low end).

BTW I wanna thank Pete(pjb84) for a great transaction, the exhaust was spottless, it was delivered when promised and I got all my questions answered very promptly. THANKS MAN!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.