Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2015 Taylormade exhaust

33K views 68 replies 36 participants last post by  vferroni 
#1 ·
Doesn't look nearly as good as it did on other bikes. The pipe looks like the carbon fiber melted to it, it's pointing down, and the bellpan/fairing doesn't go all the way around the pipe like on other bikes. Big disappointment.

Why is it so hard to make a decent looking exhaust for the 2015 R1? For $1000 it seems kind of rough.

[/URL][/IMG]

Here's what it looked like on the CBR 1000RR. Pure perfection.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Doesn't look nearly as good as it did on other bikes. The pipe looks like the carbon fiber melted to it, it's pointing down, and the bellpan/fairing doesn't go all the way around the pipe like on other bikes. Big disappointment.

Why is it so hard to make a decent looking exhaust for the 2015 R1? For $1000 it seems kind of rough.

[/URL][/IMG]

Here's what it looked like on the CBR 1000RR. Pure perfection.
what do you mean? Never mind, I got it :) yeah I agree and for some reason it doesn't look like it belong there... something is off.

#13 ·
I agree ... not a graves fan boy. The original graves for this bike looked rediculous but the short looks much better. I still don't think it is the best looking... to me... that goes to racefit. I just didn't want to wait for racefit and was scared it would be insanely loud.

I don't think it's bad... But I'm not nearly as impressed with it as I was hoping to be...
Exactly... For $1000 it should be freaking beautiful
Not really... this comes with far more than most exhaust out there. You won't get crap for $1000 except one of the bargain brands.. m4 or two bros.... I do like the sound of the two bros.

#15 ·
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ssi-inspired-yamaha-r1-exhaust-300122879.html

Taylormade Racing 2015 Yamaha R1 Exhaust Specifications:

Power Gain – Mid-range 3hp, Top end 5hp
Weight - 7.5lbs (3.4kg)
Weight-Saving Over Stock - 10lbs (4.5kg)
Sound level - Idle 94dB, 6000rpm 105dB
Key Product Features

Three-quarter slip-on system which retains stock titanium headers
All stainless construction - Cool Ceramic Technology coating
Carbon fiber mounting brackets and muffler strap
Chambered muffler design
Sound level compliant for most track day circuits
Retains stock o2 sensors

#20 ·
I had a closer look at the pictures and I agree - it looks weird because the bottom line of the carbon panel / fake belly pan curves upwards towards the back. If this line would be straight - like a proper belly pan or even the stock cat - it would look much better.

Reactions: thvo
#25 ·
I don't think it's bad at all. All the stuff is there to make this looks nice. Just the CF needs to be color coded. Having the CF on the non-M just sticks out like a sore thumb. And even on the M, from what I hear, the CF is flawless. So variations in the weave might make it still stand out.

#27 ·
Honestly, after watching the video I like this set-up. IMO, the only thing I would change/like to see would be the carbon being a twill weave instead of what appears to be the plain weave.

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.