Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Units change from K to M

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  SBARacing 
#1 ·
I have a Canadian 2015 R1M and I'm trying to change the units from Kilometers to Miles.
When I go to units the top portion where you can pick to toggle between K/M is blank and the only option to change under units is the fuel consumption display. K/L or L/100K.

Reading the manual states that this is where you would do it but it also says that for some markets that toggle is not available.

Any help would be appropriated.

SBA

#5 ·
I remember reading somewhere that you can't flash between European and US tunes due to the bike being Wired/Pinned differently. Might just be for the FTecu bench and the Bike side harness kit though. Someone else will come in and correct me if i'm wrong.

#12 ·
Ok, so here is what I found out:
1. Any map that is not CAD will flush but the bike will not turn.
2. I can take a stock CAD map and copy in to it an unrestricted US map and the bike will turn just fine.
3. In any of these maps I still can't change the units to MPH.
4. Flushing a US/CAD/EU maps don't brick your ECU.
5. Going back and forth is a quick flush and seem to work just fine.

Now, the question I have is:
Does anyone know why I can't use a US map on a CAD bike?
There is a setting called US harness with a true/false, is that the reason?

If it is, how do I get a Graves map to work on my bike?

#13 ·
you can't use the US map on a cad bike. i flashed my canadian R1M with a US tune and it wouldn't fire it backfired and wouldn't start so i flashed it with the euro map and it works perfectly. with ftecu you can import fuel maps from power commander for the posh pipe and graves has euro and US maps in ftecu but i don't know if those allow you to change all the features i heard. i wonder if you can still adjust fan temps and such

#15 ·
I did not use the graves map so I can't confirm 100 percent. I would assume the euro graves map will work since the euro unrestricted map is the map that worked in my canadian bike. Just save your stock image file of the ecu before you flash it so you can always go back. It shouldn't "brick" your ecu because I also flashed min with the wrong map and I was able to over write it again just fine.

#16 ·
Thanks everyone, the EU works as well as the CAD with pasting all unrestricted maps. Graves EU Cat Del also works well. I'll try them on the track and then dyno before fine tuning my final one.
I still can't get the units changed from KPH to MPH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.