Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Who's gone from mags to cf wheels?

16K views 167 replies 26 participants last post by  SBK Unlimited 
#1 ·
Curious as to the difference from those in the know.

I've made a switch from steelies to Carrozzeria's in the past and that was night and day. What about the flip from mags to cf? How noticeable was the diff.

I absolutely love the stock wheels on my M. Much better than the BST look, imho. But, if riding impressions are night and day, I'll consider BST's.

How much of a difference has it made to those who've made the switch?

This post has been deleted
#19 ·
Can't wait to put my BST's on. I've had them since the end of last summer but wasn't going to put them on until I wore down the Pirelli Corsa III's I had on stock rims. I want new tires on the BST's, before I had a chance to put the new tires on I unfortunately had 4 seizures, the 1st in January and three more last month. The state of NY will revoke your DL if you've had a seizure so I couldn?t ride my bike this year and will not be able to until they figure out why I why I keep getting them.
That's freaking horrible man. So sorry to hear!!!! Best wishes to a speedy diagnosis and recovery!!!

#37 ·
Bst wheels with ceramic bearings are $3695.. Rotobox are $3160 (don't know about bearings )

Seems rotobox will let you personalize graphics/colors on the wheels and choose the colors of your center parts. Kinda cool actually

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.