Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Contest! Submit Your Design Ideas For The Lacomoto MKII 15-16 R1 Belly Pan

11K views 42 replies 23 participants last post by  JLeosnow 
#1 ·
Hello R1-Forum!

We've been frequently speaking with Lacomoto lately, regarding the 2015-2016 YZF-R1 street belly pan and they've proposed an idea. Let R1 owners suggest new belly pan designs, have R1-Forum members pick the most popular ones and host a poll. The design that is selected goes into production at Lacomoto, the winning designer gets a free MKII belly pan!

With that, we invite you guys to post your designs or ideas in this thread and everyone else to "Like" posts with the designs you like best. We'll start a new thread with the most popular entries!

We look forward to seeing what you guys want!

#3 · (Edited)
simple.. Cleverwolf design but with the front of the lacomoto(the part where it joins with the oem front plastic cowl) only objection of the cleverwolf design is the front that wraps around the oem fairing... so if the lacomoto front design is kept.. that would be a winner.

#4 · (Edited)
I think most just want what would effectively be, the same as a race belly is generally made, but that will fit to OEM obviously. Don't need allowance for OEM CAT as most want the belly due to exhaust change, plus the CAT option is already there.

Cleverwolf already do something close as do a company called Racers Edge in Australia.
Only objection I have heard about those is the way they have to wrap around the outside of the front lower.
The Std and the M both have fixings at this point on the OEM so how about the replacement fitted inside and used a modified/replacement fixing to hold them in place. If not then a really tight/perfect fir would be required.
Would need to be offered in std and carbon and definitely twill for the M

Pics of Cleverwolf (2) and Racers Edge included.

Attachments

#8 ·
I second the color match idea! It would great if I didn't have to take it somewhere to be painted silver...at least with the couple stock body colors.
Lacomoto does offer a color match on their fiberglass lower fairing for the '15's. :thumbup

-John

#7 · (Edited)
if I could design it i'd sell it. not give it away lol

make the back turn down thing you guys use straight first of all. just get rid of that dumb looking crap all together.

butt the front part to the stock part and use a few molded tabs on the back of the new fairing to slip over/behind the stock part to hold it in place. that should suffice to keep it from moving in the wind etc. i wouldn't even mind if I had to drill out a 1/4" hole and used a plastic push pin on the bottom where no one can see it. I think 90% of use own a drill or know someone who does. supply a push pin and the front will be bolted in place that way. but mold(with a step not flat) your fairing to tuck behind the stock fairing with 1.5" or so lip to drill into on the bottom.

then make an one option to fit around the stock converter if guys want to leave it but hide it. a little flair to clear the stock converter should be good enough. but only a flair in the area of the converter. like you can see there is a box it's going around. if that makes sense to anyone but me. use a heat shield material to protect it from extreme heat. the stock plastics on many bikes have this. also bring the right side up to cover the exup valve.

the other option straight for no converter. obviously can be more narrow.

oh and SBK U...try organizing your site into more categories. when I'm looking for R1 stuff id rather not have to scroll through a list like i'm on ebay trying to find stuff. I've went through that list 3 times and still can't find these lacomoto belly pans

#12 ·
I like the front of the current Lacomoto, but there is no way I would put it on my bike because the rear end is too wide, too low and just butt ugly. I like the rear of the current Cleverwolf much better, but there is no way I would put it on my bike because the front part wrapping around the OEM fairings simply looks out of place.

So, my idea would be the same as couple of others have already posted - combine the front of the existing Lacomoto with the rear of the Cleverwolf and you have got a winner. Game over. Done deal. I would buy it as soon as it is available.

I am not at all worried about different paint options. Keep things simple and offer one carbon piece that matches the M and one non-painted, cheapo fibre glass version that customers can paint any way they want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.