Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FTECU Autotune?

39K views 151 replies 41 participants last post by  mdallasm 
#1 ·
Anyone know if flash will bring out an auto tune option for the 2015/2016 r1 or is dynojet the only option for a while?

#8 ·
More than just auto tune. They have live engine data, and data logging. They sell a wideband sensor that integrates right into their tuning software. So you can log AFR and engine parameters. So with the auto tune, those are 3 pretty huge options FTECU does not have.

#15 ·
Mine is getting tuned right now as we speak, should be over the next 2 days for final figures.

The problem is the software is so new, no one has yet to get it or release an opinion. I know Justin from Woolich is running it on his R1M and loves it but it is his product.... everyone else who uses the software for other bikes love it also though.

Once I have my graph I will post it up.

#11 ·
Only problem I have with woolich is the lack of off the shelf maps. You must tune your own bike. Which is not good for people who do not have access to a local tuner.

#23 ·
So this is my map.

These are estimated HP readings to which a lot of people claim to be rwhp but I know better tuner did this to compare getting about 175rwhp

I went in with a Ftecu mail tune from a guy in Melbourne, it made 182hp

Then Motorcycle mad flashed in a base map which is a stock map and it made 185hp

After all that made 196hp

I do believe since my 02 sensors were still enabled it played funny buggers with the ft flash, so may not be a 100% reading to what it was when I first got it.

I am running a 3/4 exhaust and a stock air filter. I MAY be able to get to that 200 mark with some simple changes like air filter and 520 conversion.

Attachments

#24 ·
??? Just curious why some posts get deleted over others.there should atleast a reason why the are deleted. Feels like big brother is always watching lol. Starting to be like politics in here hahaha. Oh Good Morning R1 Forum!! Anyways, Carry on.. and please don't delete me :grin2:

G
#25 ·
Not sure. Mine got deleted as well just discussing the post that was here. Maybe a quick explanation via PM or otherwise would prevent further discussions on the suddenly forbidden Woolich features. Sudden deletion just makes us wonder even more. Comeon mod you can do better.

This post has been deleted
#44 ·
Great to hear. Can you give out any additional information? Does it use one sensor or two sensors in place of the OEM location? Is it essentially a data logger with an algorithm to generate a new fuel map to flash in or does it make adjustments on the fly?

#51 ·
I wonder whats the reasoning onto why they didnt utilize the oem wide band sensors?

I hope that the price isnt stupid high like the auto blipper. -_____- where its about $400 ish in material cost but software unlocking fees are abother $400

#52 ·
The OEM sensors are not wide-band sensors. They are narrow-band sensors.

I think you have the auto-blipper price backwards. You honestly think the quick shift switches cost FTECU anywhere near $200? Depending on volume, I bet a part like that is less than $15 actual cost. The development cost for the auto-blipper could have easily added up fast between time spent coding and testing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.