Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

60th r1 with Akrapovic

3K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  spedy-si 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen a 60th in person? Does it come with the Akrpovic like the write ups say it does? I've seen pics with n w/o it.

#4 ·
I'm in New Zealand and took delivery yesterday - no Akrapovic over here ( but I've bought one to go with the bike) the 60th is $1000NZ more than the standard model. But it is a good looking bike - even better than the photos. Colour and finish all look top notch.

#6 ·
Thanks to both of you for that info. Still waiting for mine to arrive. Did you put the Akropovic on yours ? Did it come with the carbon fiber heat shield ? Thanks.

#8 ·
How's the sound? Went to order mine yesterday but my shop couldn't find the part number so he's gonna look into it. I found it on eBay for $745.what did u pay ?

#14 ·
I was in Akaroa today, so it's probably mine that was seen. I believe Trevor Pierce Yamaha have had two at least so far - which makes 3 with mine here in Christchurch, so I expect there will be more than 4 in the whole of NZ. I believe mine was in the first batch that arrived 3 weeks ago. I also heard similar speculation that they were/would be in very short supply (which is why I chose to order last year), but then again the R1M had that same story ie limited run etc. and the 2nd year production is coming out too.
But hey, if I was Yamaha then (sadly for those of us that ordered 60th versions a while back) I'd make as many as I could sell. Simple supply and demand I guess. So on the earlier point - no Akrapovic but we didn't pay the same higher price over the standard models as in Europe, that did come with one, so seems fair enough. Plus they are cheaper here - I've seen them at the equivalent of $32k NZ in the UK v $28k here so even with buying a slip on at $1,300 we get a comparatively good deal I guess.

#22 ·
Not to get too far of topic but, even thought the Italian version comes stock with the Akropovic exhaust it lacks the option to change from kph to mph. Anyone know if there's a flash/hack the can unblock this?

P. Hall II
Eurospec 2016 R1 60th Anniversary Edition
Mod free...for now

Sent using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.