2016 R1S, Looking For Affordable Exhaust? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Yamaha YZF-R1 - R1M General Discussion General discussion area specific to the 2015 Yamaha R1M model. Please post all YZF-R1 R1M related topics in this section.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
The R1S Guy!

2016 R1S, Looking For Affordable Exhaust?

Hey guys, new R1 owner here, coming off of a 2006 R6 Raven and looking to get familiar with this bike.

What kind of affordable exhausts are available for these bikes? I was looking at the Two Brothers with the cat eliminator for about $700, but I was curious if there's anything else in that price range.

I would go full system but I simply cannot afford anything like that so I'm trying to find quality with affordability, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 11:26 PM
Chillin'

Garage
I would go with a reputable brand. I'd rather have a used Graves or Akra than a new Two Brothers.

A lot of parts on my bike are used.

I like that color combo by the way. It would be a little better if the front was solid white. Either way, I like it.
cyclepsycho7 and iamzombie like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 11:29 PM
Chillin'

Garage
I think the Akrapovic slipon is about $800. You could buy a mid pipe later down the road.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 04:30 AM
O Rly? O.O

There was a mid pipe and Graves Moto 1 slip-on for sale here a few weeks ago.. Go check the for sale threads and see what you can find. Last I checked there was 2-3 exhaust options for the '15+ for sale.
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 05:22 AM
R1, "A Superior Addiction"

Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
I would go with a reputable brand. I'd rather have a used Graves or Akra than a new Two Brothers.

A lot of parts on my bike are used.

I like that color combo by the way. It would be a little better if the front was solid white. Either way, I like it.
Solid advice. I also like the color scheme.

Quote:
I think the Akrapovic slipon is about $800. You could buy a mid pipe later down the road.
Another good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasv00 View Post
There was a mid pipe and Graves Moto 1 slip-on for sale here a few weeks ago.. Go check the for sale threads and see what you can find. Last I checked there was 2-3 exhaust options for the '15+ for sale.
Also an excellent bit of advice.

Lucky 13 Squadron

Last edited by cyclepsycho7; 05-31-2016 at 05:24 AM.
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 05:25 AM
Roadclosed racing Instructor

i have an M4 Cat delete pipe in Stainless for 200 shipped. That would let you run the stock can and that would give you better exhaust flow and weight savings on a budget.
I pulled it off because I didn't like the way it worked with the Can i wanted to use and I got a racer support deal with Hindle/Woodcraft.
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 06:22 AM
you lose

I run the M4 cat delete and M4 can and i am very happy with it. sounds better than the two brothers system and in my opinion looks a lot better too.

If everthing is coming at you...then your in the wrong lane
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 08:10 AM
c(','c)

Garage
The 2bros is not bad pipe at all. Sounds and looks good. I had it for a while with no issues. I made a switch because in the long run I wanted a belly pan and it would not work with it.

All opinions are valid and in the end its your money. Just listen to your heart.
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 08:17 AM
O Rly? O.O

I didn't include in my original response what I run. I currently have a titanium M4 mid pipe on the way that I plan to run with my stock can until after my wedding in October. After the wedding I plan to get the Graves Moto 1 slip on with the M4 mid.

Planning and paying for a wedding doesn't leave a lot of room for upgrades so I understand the "budget" aspect of things. Like 2muchblue said above, it's your money and you determine what level of value you want out of your money.
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 07:58 PM
I eat my R1

Two brothers comes with the mid pipe and is a solid sounding exhaust. IMHO. No need to shell out an extra 200 dollars or more for the M4 mid-pipe. Also easy to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Go Hard or Go Home!

Nice bike. I actually have an M4 Cat Delete Slip on I could sell you. It is in great shape, I used it for about 1,500 miles and have the original box and all packaging. It was great but, I upgraded to an SC Project. Here is a pic of the M4. $500 shipped or $475 picked up sounds very fair. Let me know if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1464923222604.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	870842  

Sig courtesy of Petrol-Spice
CCS #461 Expert

Last edited by Carlos461; 06-02-2016 at 08:16 PM.
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Mediocre Box Boy @ Woodcraft

Get a Hindle 3/4.

Cheaper than most and sounds good.

post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
The R1S Guy!

Thanks for all the answers everyone, I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos461 View Post
Nice bike. I actually have an M4 Cat Delete Slip on I could sell you. It is in great shape, I used it for about 1,500 miles and have the original box and all packaging. It was great but, I upgraded to an SC Project. Here is a pic of the M4. $500 shipped or $475 picked up sounds very fair. Let me know if interested.
If you still have this, would you be willing to do $475 shipped?
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Quality Parts at Great Prices!

Belated welcome to you. 10 days and still haven't bought one? You are a patient man my friend.

R1-Forum Discount code R1FORUM
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
The R1S Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMillion View Post
Belated welcome to you. 10 days and still haven't bought one? You are a patient man my friend.
Haha, more like financially recovering from buying the bike haha.
post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 09:28 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMillion View Post
LOL I already have the exhaust picked out even before the bike is purchased. Two bros gets my vote because they suit the bike really well and should sound pretty mean
post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 11:17 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
Are you going to eventually look for a set of oem titanium headers off an R1 or the M instead of the stainless from the S?

09 R1 black/gold SOLD

2015 R1M 007
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
The R1S Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstclair View Post
Are you going to eventually look for a set of oem titanium headers off an R1 or the M instead of the stainless from the S?
It's possible down the road, at the moment it's not really a priority or anything. I'm just thankful that it's got a disconnect, on my 2006 R6 Raven the cat assembly was fused to the headers...
post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 06:21 PM
I eat my R1

Hindle is extremely fairly priced, looks and sounds awesome...

What's not to like?

2015 R1 Track Toy (
|
|
)

post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 07:10 PM
YUUUP!

Quote:
I think this is the best option. If you settle for now you will probably regret it later on down the line when you have a bit more cash to play with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode