Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Anybody have the Rizoma Veloce mirrors?

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Juantwo 
#1 ·
Thinking about these to replace the heavy, hideous-looking factory Dumbo ears. I like to look of the Rizomas but crazy pricey! $155ea, or $197 ea. with lights. Would love to see a pic of the mirrors on a current r1 or r1m. Anyone?

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a very nice looking mirror but I prefer the the upper top fairing to have a cleaner appearance and for me the only way to achieve that is to remove the standard mount mirrors and install block offs. I used to use an Ant Systems rear view cam that works well but doesn't cover a few blind spots when changing lanes and being I can barely turn my head anymore because of damaged disks in my neck I recently installed CRG Arrow bar end mirrors and they are seriously fantastic and look awesome on my bike. I'm selling my rear view cam, if you're interested PM me.

#8 ·
I've got a bar-end on the left and a lever guard on the right. There's a pretty significant blind spot on the right when riding with other bikes. To be frank, I don't like to looks of bar end morrors. I prefer them over the R1's Dumbo ears however.

#14 ·
Ask and ye shalt receive. My buddy has those on his M and they are very nice mirrors and yeah theyre expensive but Rizoma makes quality pieces. Ive been riding since 2002 and have always thought bar ends only belonged on cafes but I finally bit the bullet this year and got some for my 1199 and i can honestly say i will never go back to the bug ears. It took me a long time to get the position right(i had to ride and then adjust when i stopped) but when i finally found the sweet spot it was amazing.

Attachments

#15 ·
Thanks man. Ive got a single bar end mirror just to keep it legal. Ive gotten used to it but still want to try out the Rizomas. Who knows... if i dont like em someone will more than likely get a super discounted price.

#16 ·
Although I agree that bar-ends on (most) sportbikes look rather out of place, for awhile I was using a pair of cheap ones (Cycle Gear Speed Metal crap) on my old K6 G1K when the pivots at the base of the stockers went loose (no way to tighten them). Anyway, when they were properly adjusted the visual field was amazing...I could almost see around the back of the bike. I do prefer the late-model R1's factory mirrors because the orange running lights, combined with the white LED's in the upper fairing, make for a very distinct visual when seen head-on.

But the bar-ends do clean up the upper fairing's lines and make prepping for the track stupid easy. ;)

#17 ·
Got mine installed. Nothing but elbows. Look very sleek tho so thats a bonus. Gotta move the arms if i want to see directly behind me. Ill give another review in a few months after the position gets fine tuned a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.